MLA | SLA '23 Latest News
Financial Assistance for MLA Members
to Attend MLA ‘24
MLA makes financial assistance available to allow members attend its annual conference. Be sure to check with local chapters for additional funding opportunities.
In-Person Conference Travel Grants
The grant recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,000 for actual travel and conference-related expenses.
- Funded through MLA grant endowments:
No-Charge Virtual Conference Registration Grants
Virtual conference no-charge registration is funded through the MLA annual budget and designed to assist members with a true financial need.
- current 2024 member of MLA
- Not a member yet? see membership options
- health information professional
- fulfill one of the following criteria based on employment status:
- if furloughed: no funding is available from the employer
- if employed: no funding is available from the employer
- unable to financially self-fund registration
The applicant must provide the following information:
- presenting at annual meeting
- name of current or former employer and contact information
- justification or additional information regarding employment status and funding availability
- previous MLA annual conference assistance
Priority consideration will be given to members who:
- are presenting at MLA '24
- have not previously received MLA conference assistance
- MLA profile information must be current.
- Decisions are at the discretion of the jury.
- If awarded the applicant must have paid 2024 membership dues and accept the offer within 14 days of notification.
- Recipients will receive a unique enrollment code (in April) to complete the registration process for a free virtual registration. Refunds will not be given to awardees who are already registered as part of an institutional registration or individual registration.
- Free registration is non-transferable, cannot be applied to in-person registration, and must be used in the year it is awarded.
- Free registration is not subject to tax (i.e., no W9/1099 filing).
Please note that funding for the no-charge registrations is limited and designed to support those members with genuine significant hardship. If you can afford to self-fund your registration, please consider letting others apply.
- Choose the 2024 application. - Applications open in January 2024.
Have a question? Contact MLA