Join the Be Well MLA Community
The Be Well MLA initiative promotes wellness and well-being among members of the Medical Library Association. Every month, MLA members are invited to participate in the Be Well Wednesday wellness series. In these sessions, MLA members and guests will share lessons learned, strategies, and tips about a variety of wellness topics. Series events will run from September 2022 to April 2023, culminating at MLA'23. All MLA members are invited to join the Be Well MLA Community where you may access session recordings and resources.
All virtual sessions are held on Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (central) on Zoom. Presentations are 60 minutes long, followed by an optional 30-minute discussion with the presenters and the Be Well MLA team. Save the date and register for upcoming sessions.
- April 12: Wellness at Your Library Panel
See the Be Well MLA Community page for access to the session recording, file library, and additional resources.
- September 14: I Wet My Plants: Plants and Gardening for Wellness
- October 12: Healthy Eating
- November 9: Finding Your Focus: Adopting a Mindfulness Practice for Life Balance
- December 14: Laziness Does Not Exist Book Discussion
- January 11: Take Action
- February 8: Love Yourself (Self Compassion)
- March 8: Radical Empathy Book Discussion
Be Well MLA Planning Team
- Shannon Jones, 2022-2023 MLA President
- Amy Blevins, MLA President-elect
- Kelsa Bartley, University of Miami
- Lorin Jackson, Region 2, NNLM
- Irene Lubker, Medical University of South Carolina
- Tamara Nelson, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Ariel Pomputius, University of Florida
- Kate Saylor, University of Michigan