Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP)
The Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) is the peer-reviewed, accomplishment/portfolio-based certification and career development program for health information professionals. Academy membership indicates that your peers have certified that you have met a standard of professional education, experience, and accomplishment and demonstrates that you are committed to career development. AHIP is also a membership organization in which members are entitled to career development, planning, and mentoring resources and member discounts.
Join more than 1,000 colleagues who are members of the Academy of Health Information Professionals.
Learn about the Academy
- See the Academy FAQ for answers to questions about AHIP
- Learn more about what the Academy can do for you
- Why the Academy is valuable to your employer
- Why the Academy is valuable to your colleagues
- Determine your eligibility for Academy membership
- Apply to join as a Provisional Member
- Apply to join at the Member, Senior, or Distinguished Level
Renew Your Academy Membership
- Renew your annual Provisional membership
- Renew your Academy membership at your current Member, Senior, or Distinguished level
- Renew your Academy membership at a higher level
- Retiring? Become an Emeritus Academy member