National Efforts: MLA Public Policy Center
MLA supports unrestricted, affordable, and permanent access to quality health information for everyone.
Our national efforts focus on federal legislation and regulations impacting libraries.
The Governmental Relations Committee and the Joint MLA/AAHSL Legislation Committee both address federal information issues, policies, and legislation of importance to the health sciences library community. Together with engagement of members from MLA's caucuses, chapters, and relevant committees, the association develops statement and comments to Federal requests for information. The process for how we go about creating these statements is described here.
- Censorship and Library Practices Toolkit information | download the toolkit
- MLA Engagement with Societal Issues Guidelines
- There are no active action alerts at this time.
- National Library of Medicine Funding
- Access to Federally Funded Research and Net Neutrality
- Intellectual Property and Copyright