Call for Applications to the MLA Research Training Institute (RTI)
- Applications must be received by December 1, 2018
- Find out more about the application process.
- Submit an online application. - NOW CLOSED
The MLA Research Training Institute for Health Sciences Librarians was developed to provide practicing health sciences librarians with an opportunity to immerse themselves in instruction and focused activities related to scholarly research, inquiry, and publishing.
The institute program offers a combination of:
- instruction in research design;
- individual mentoring;
- a full year of post-institute support for participants to complete research projects of their own design;
- membership in an ongoing research community of practice; and
- scholarship support.
The institute will help ensure that an increasing number of health sciences librarians nationwide have key research competencies to become more effective health information providers to health care professionals, patients, and consumers.
Institute training and mentorship will equip health sciences librarians with skills to effectively assess end-user needs for health information and research, and enhance library services to meet those needs. Additionally, the institute will be a powerful catalyst that results in new, better, and important health information research that is necessary to advance evidence-based practice in health sciences librarianship.
The institute will serve as a cornerstone in helping health sciences librarians change from informed consumers of researchers to producers of quality research.
For questions regarding the institute, please contact Susan Lessick, AHIP, FMLA, Research Training Institute project director.
MLA deeply appreciates and thanks the following sections and chapters for their thoughtful and gracious support of the 2019 Research Training Institute:
Advocate Donation Level: $2,300 - $10,000
- Collection Development Section
- Leadership and Management Section
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter
- Research Section
- Veterinary Medical Libraries Section
Contributor Donation Level: $1,000 - $2,299
- Hospital Libraries Section
- Medical Informatics Section
- Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona
- New York-New Jersey Chapter
- South Central Chapter
- Southern Chapter
Friend Donation Level: $200 - $999
- Cancer Libraries Section
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section
- Educational Media and Technologies Section
- Midcontinental Chapter
- Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section
- Public Health/Health Administration Section
- Technical Services Section