MLA Member Communities
MLA communitites support sharing and communication through tools like member forums, document sharing, and blogs and wikis.
Also visit MLA's social media accounts for news about our activities and to interact with other health sciences librarians.
Community Leaders should familiarize themselves with MLA's structure, organization, and program areas.
- Leaders Orientation
- General Information on MLA
- File Libraries
- Annual Reports
MLA sections are large groups of members who coalesce around major themes of long-term concern to the membership, such as library specialties or medical librarian activities and services. Section members share information with each other and the general membership in order to educate, strategize, and further the aims of the Association.
- Learn more about section benefits and dues
- Section Council provides oversight and guidance in how MLA's sections are created, organized, and governed
MLA's many Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are informal groups of members who coalesce around specialized or topical themes of concern. Section Council also provides oversight and guidance for MLA's SIGs.
MLA committees offer leadership and professional development opportunities and perform a wide variety of functions within MLA. All MLA members are encouraged to apply for committees.
Chapters and Other Organizations
- Chapters are geographic groups affiliated with MLA. Chapters offer regional meetings, continuing education opportunities, newsletters, and networking.
- Chapter Council promotes interchange among chapters and among sections and chapters and provides an opportunity for chapters to participate more directly in the governance of the Association through representation of their interests at the Board level.
Allied Groups: A comprehensive list of other organizations that share our goals.