Consumer & Patient Health Information Section
Members: 194 Discussions: 507 Files: 16
- Go to your membership information.
- Click "View" next to your current membership.
- Click the "Add package" button to add additional packages and select CAPHIS.
The Consumer and Patient Health Information Section (CAPHIS) connects health sciences librarians and other consumer health information specialists with a forum, educational opportunities, and specific resources for patients, their families, and other consumer health information users.
CAPHIS members have access to the section forum and member directory. Join CAPHIS for just $15 per year! For more information contact the Membership Committee Chair.
Download the latest version of CAPHIS' Most Trusted Health Websites. Selections made by CAPHIS Top 100 TF members Carolyn Martin, Pam Rose, Claire Joseph, Robin O'Hanlon, Michele Spatz, and Karin Bennedsen, with additional thanks to Erica Lake and Stacy Brody.
Selection criteria for this list: HON Code (PDF) which looks at authorship, audience, privacy, attribution/currency of content, bias/justifiability, transparency/content information, financial disclosure, and the site's advertising policy.
Check out the recommended consumer health titles from Consumer Connections, the newsletter of the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section of the Medical Library Association.
View or download section newsletter issues:
- Consumer Connections Vol 35, 2019 (1 issue)
- Consumer Connections Vol 34, 2018 (3 issues)
- Consumer Connections Vol 33, 2017 (3 issues)
- Consumer Connections Vol 32, 2016 (3 issues)