>>> MLA '22 Content On-Demand <<<
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
MLA '22 Latest News
MLA '22 Health and Safety
COVID-19 vaccination is required
to attend MLA '22.
Return here for the latest information on MLA ‘22 health and safety precautions and requirements. Updated 1/27/22.
We look forward to welcoming you in New Orleans for MLA ‘22 from May 3-6, 2022! To ensure the safety of all meeting attendees, exhibitors, and staff, MLA ’22 in-person attendance will require you to be fully vaccinated with a preference of up to date vaccination status as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What Does This Mean?
For United States residents: full vaccination; full vaccination + booster preferred (up to date, as defined by the CDC)*, if
- your primary vaccination series was more than 5 months ago (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna);
- you received the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccination more than 2 months ago.
For International registrants:
- You must meet the vaccination and proof of vaccination and testing requirements for international air travelers to attend MLA ’22. See also https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html
- Acceptable vaccines are those accepted by the CDC, or prequalified by the World Health Organization.
Do not attend the conference:
- if you have tested positive for COVID-19 and are still in isolation.
- if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and are still under quarantine.
- if you exhibit symptoms and it is likely you have been in contact with an individual who has COVID-19. Please monitor your health closely and follow guidelines to ensure your safety and the safety of others in your household.
Attestation during registration, plus proof of vaccination/vaccination + booster, will be required for all in-person meeting attendees, exhibitors, and staff.
Further information, including instructions for obtaining vaccination proof, will be posted here. MLA will be contracting with a third-party vendor to manage the verification process.
No Vaccine Exemptions
If an attendee, exhibitor, or MLA or MCI staff member does not meet the vaccine requirements outlined here, they are NOT considered fully vaccinated and will not be permitted to attend MLA ‘22 in person. The MLA ‘22 robust virtual meeting component will allow unvaccinated individuals to participate in the meeting remotely.
Masks will be required for MLA ’22 events in the convention center or the hotel, except when actively eating or drinking. This includes during social events, presentations, and in all common areas of the hotel and convention center.
While we will have a limited number of disposable masks available, we encourage you to bring your own masks that will provide the best fit and comfort for long-term/all-day wear. Be sure to bring enough masks for the duration of your stay.
Presenters may wear clear masks during their presentations if they so choose.
More information on mask options and availability will be available closer to the conference.
Further Information and Updates
MLA will continue to monitor recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the CDC, and state/local health authorities and will adjust protocols shown here as needed.
* Full vaccination + booster is preferred, given that several studies cited by the CDC have shown vaccine attenuation over time. See the early release 1/28/22 MMWR.