Continuing Education (CE) Passport Financial Support
New in 2020, the CE Passport offers professionals full access to over 60 webinars and self-paced courses available through MLA's educational platform. A limited number of no-charge individual CE Passports will be available in 2021. CE Passport financial support is offered as an additional member benefit for those who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- is a current member of MLA (paid 2021 membership)
- is a health information professional
- is not eligible for an institutional CE Passport
- fulfills one of the following criteria based on employment status:
- if furloughed: no CE funding is available from the employer
- if employed: no CE funding is available from the employer
- is unable to financially self-fund CE
The applicant will also be asked for the following information:
- name of current or former employer + contact information
- justification or additional information regarding employment status and funding availability
- if their institution has purchased or plans to purchase a 2021 CE Institutional Passport
- any additional information the jury should consider
- MLA profile information must be up-to-date on MLANET
- First-come-first-served: applications are reviewed by a jury in the order they were received
- Decisions are at the discretion of the jury
- MLA's objective is to provide a reply within 1-2 weeks of the application
- If awarded, the applicant must accept the offer within 14 days of notification
Please note that CE Passport support is limited, and designed to support those individuals with genuine significant hardship. If you can afford to self-fund your CE Passport, please consider letting others apply.
Ready to Submit an Application?
- The application process is currently closed.
- Applications will open in early 2021.
Have a question? Contact MLA