MLA Annual Conference Financial Support
Attending a conference is a professionally rewarding experience. The MLA annual conference is the largest gathering of health sciences librarians and offers many opportunities for you to build a professional network, learn about the latest research, and participate in discussions about issues affecting the profession. Be sure to also check with your local chapter for additional funding opportunities.
No Charge Conference Financial Assistance
MLA is pleased to offer free registrations for the annual Conference and Exhibits ($350+ value).
Funding is provided through generous sponsors, MLA endowments, and the annual budget:
- is a current member of MLA (2021)
- is a health information professional
- fulfills one of the following criteria based on employment status:
- if furloughed: no funding is available from the employer
- if employed: no funding is available from the employer
- is unable to financially self-fund registration
The applicant will also be asked for the following information:
- presenting at annual conference
- name of current or former employer + contact information
- justification or additional information regarding employment status and funding availability
- any additional information the jury should consider
- MLA profile information must be up-to-date on MLANET
- First-come-first-served: applications are reviewed by a jury in the order they were received
- Decisions are at the discretion of the jury
- MLA's objective is to provide a reply within 1-2 weeks of the application
- If awarded, the applicant must accept the offer within 14 days of notifications
- Once accepted, the applicant will receive an enrollment code to complete the registration process for a free vConference and Exhibits registration
- Free registrations are not subject to tax (i.e. no W9/1099 filing)
Please note that funding for no-charge registrations is limited, and designed to support those individuals with significant hardship. If you can afford to self-fund your registration, please consider letting others apply.
Ready to Submit an Application?
- The application process is closed.
- Applications will open next in 2021.
Have a question? Contact MLA