MLA ’20 Financial Support
Attending a meeting is a professionally rewarding experience. The MLA annual meeting is the largest gathering of health sciences librarians and offers many opportunities for you to build a professional network, learn about the latest research, and participate in discussions about issues affecting the profession. Take advantage of this travel grant to support your MLA ’20 meeting attendance. Be sure to also check with your local chapter for additional funding resources.
MLA Travel Grant Opportunities
MLA is pleased to offer over 30 travel grants to enable members to attend the association’s annual meeting in Portland. Funds of up to $1,000 each, for travel and meeting-related expenses, will be given to MLA members who might otherwise be unable to attend the meeting.
Members will now complete just one application to apply for:
- Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant: 1 grant
- EBSCO/MLA Annual Meeting Grant: 4 grants
- MLA ’20 Annual Meeting Travel Grant: 25+ grants
A simpler application process and eligibility requirements now allow a greater variety of MLA members to take advantage of travel support.
Funding for the grants comes from several sources including MLA endowments, the MLA operating budget, and generous sponsors. A huge thanks to McGraw-Hill for their continued sponsorship of the MLA Annual Meeting Travel Grant.
- The applicant must be a member of MLA.
- The applicant must be currently employed as a health information professional.
- The applicant must complete an application including a 200-word statement answering the question, “What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?”
- No more than one awardee from any given institution will be awarded a travel grant in a single year.
- Recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,000 in actual travel and meeting-related expenses after the meeting.
- Expense statements with all receipts must be submitted to MLA after the annual meeting.
- Letters of reference are NOT requested or desired.
- MLA profile information must be up-to-date.
Ready to Submit an Application?
- Applications are no longer being accepted.
- Recipients will be announced in April 2020.
Annual Meeting Travel Grant Recipients
2019 grants supported by the MLA budget and McGraw-Hill.
Kelsa Bartley, Megan M. Bell, AHIP, Hannah Craven, Kyle Downey, Kelsey Grabeel, AHIP, Carrie Grinstead, AHIP, Rachel Hinrichs, AHIP, Melissa K. Kahili-Heede, Amanpreet Kaur, June Kim, Jessica Koos, AHIP, Ayaba Logan, Kate Nyhan, Robin O’Hanlon, Hannah Lois Pollard, Ghaith Salameh, Sachie Shishido, AHIP, Kerry Springle, Aidy Weeks, AHIP, and Reina Williams, AHIP
Have a question? Contact MLA’s grant coordinator.