MLA ’20 Financial Support
MLA has increased the financial support funding from $35,000 for the original conference to $50,000 for the vConference and Exhibits.
143 no-charge vConference and Exhibits available ($350 value).
June 3, 2020 Update -
Attending a meeting is a professionally rewarding experience. The MLA annual meeting is the largest gathering of health sciences librarians and offers many opportunities for you to build a professional network, learn about the latest research, and participate in discussions about issues affecting the profession. Be sure to also check with your local chapter for additional funding resources.
No Charge "Hardship" Registration
MLA is pleased to offer over 140 free registrations for the MLA'20 vConference and Exhibits ($350 value).
Funding is provided by generous sponsors, MLA's endowment, and MLA's general operating fund:
- is a current member of MLA (2020)
- is a health information professional
- fulfills one of the following criteria based on employment status:
- if furloughed: no funding is available from the employer
- if employed: no funding is available from the employer
- is unable to financially self-fund registration
The applicant will also be asked for the following information:
- presenting at MLA'20: yes/no
- name of current or former employer + contact information
- justification or additional information regarding employment status and funding availability
- any additional information the jury should consider
- MLA profile information must be up-to-date on MLANET
- First-come-first-served: applications are reviewed by a jury in the order they were received
- Decisions are at the discretion of the jury
- MLA's objective is to provide a reply within one week of the application
- If awarded, the applicant must accept the offer within 7 days of notifications
- Once accepted, the applicant will receive an enrollment code to complete the registration process for a free vConference and Exhibits registration
- Free registrations are not subject to tax (i.e. no W9/1099 filing)
Please note that funding for no-charge registrations is limited, and designed to support those individuals with significant hardship. If you can afford to register, or have already registered, please consider letting others apply.
- Choose 2020 vConference and Exhibits - No Charge Registration application.
Have a question? Contact MLA’s grant manager.