MLA '19 Career Planning Center
The onsite Career Planning Center at MLA '19 serves as the home base for attendees looking for their next positions, and for employers seeking new hires. Whether you recently entered the profession or are considering a job change, your colleagues in the Career Planning Center can help you make informed long- or short-term career decisions.
Shape Your Individual Professional Development Plan
Expert volunteers will help you:
- perform a self-assessment of your professional goals
- understand the expertise needed to achieve your professional goals
- perform a self-assessment of your professional competencies using the MLA framework
- perform a gap analysis of your current versus needed expertise
- produce your individualized professional development plan
- navigate MEDLIB-ED and find relevant courses to make progress on your professional development plan
Watch this space and MLA Connect for sign-up information!
Job Placement Center
Find your next job—or advertise your open positions—through MLA’s onsite Job Placement Center! Register using forms available below, or contact Tomi Gunn, email@example.com. Return your forms by April 15, 2019, to have your resume or job posted at the start of the meeting; onsite registration is also available.
- Job opportunity form (Word doc; fill in and submit to Tomi Gunn)
- Job applicant form (Word doc; fill in and submit to Tomi Gunn)
Saturday, May 4 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 5 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Monday, May 6 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 7 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
MLA Resume Clinic
Sign up to have an MLA expert volunteer review your cover letter, resume, or CV, or even conduct a mock interview with you. Participants will have up to 30 minutes with a reviewer, who will offer tips for improving your resume or CV or will help you with an upcoming interview. The Resume Clinic is available during Job Placement Center hours on Saturday, May 4, Sunday, May 5, and Monday, May 6.
Watch MLA Connect and this space for sign-up information; registrants will receive additional information in advance of the meeting.
MLA Academy Applicants
Stop by the MLA Connections Booth in the registration area to learn more about the Academy of Health Information Professionals. Academy experts will be staffing the booth, ready to answer your questions about the program. For an extended one-on-one session with a reviewer, please contact Tomi Gunn at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to meet.