MLA ’19 Financial Support
Attending a conference is a professionally rewarding experience. The MLA annual meeting is the largest gathering of health sciences librarians and offers many opportunities for you to build a professional network, learn about the latest research, and participate in discussions about issues affecting the profession. Take advantage of this new travel grant to support your MLA ’19 meeting attendance. Also, be sure to check with your local chapters and sections for additional funding resources.
MLA Annual Meeting Travel Grant
MLA is pleased to offer travel grants to enable members to attend the association's annual meeting in Chicago. Funds of up to $1,000 each, for travel and meeting-related expenses, will be given to MLA members who might otherwise be unable to attend the meeting. Application deadline was February 25, 2019. The submission process is now CLOSED.
Financial suppport for MLA'19 travel grants includes:
- 10 grants supported from the MLA annual budget
- 10 grants generously sponsored by McGraw-Hill Education
- Applicant must be a member of MLA.
- Applicant must be currently employed as a health information professional.
- Applicant must have between 2 and 5 years experience as a health information professional at the time of the annual meeting.
- Applicant must complete an online form including a 200-word statement answering the question, “What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?”
- No more than 1 awardee from any given institution will be awarded the grant in a single year.
NOTE: MLA members who applied for the 2019 EBSCO Annual Meeting Grant will automatically be considered for this new grant.
Priority Consideration Criteria
- Applicant is a first-time attendee at MLA.
- Applicant is presenting (or has submitted) a paper, immersion session, poster, or lightning talk at MLA’s annual meeting.
- Applicant has MLA committee, jury, section, or special interest group (SIG) assignments.
- Recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,000 in actual travel and conference related expenses after the meeting; expense statements and receipts must be submitted to MLA after the annual meeting.
- A member may receive this grant only once.
- Letters of reference are NOT requested or desired.
- Upload a current photo to member profile for promotional purposes (optional).
Ready to Submit an Application?
- Application deadline was February 25, 2019.
- Submission process is now CLOSED.
- Grant recipients will be announced in late March 2019.
Have a question? Contact MLA’s grants coordinator.