MLA ’19 Call for Submissions
New for MLA ’19: Changes in Papers, Immersion Sessions, Posters, and Lightning Talks Submission Process
The 2019 National Program Committee invites abstract submissions that support the annual meeting theme of “Elevate.” The appeal has been divided into two calls for submission:
- Call for papers and immersion sessions (formerly, special content sessions): Now open. Deadline is October 24, 2018, 6:00 p.m. (central time)
- Call for posters and lightning talks: Will open December 12, 2018. Deadline is January 25, 2019, 6:00 p.m. (central time)
We are currently inviting submissions for papers and immersion sessions (formerly, special content sessions). Submit using the online submission site beginning Wednesday, August 15, 2018, and ending at 6:00 p.m., central time, on Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
An invitation for posters and lightning talks will be issued on December 12, 2018.
Accept and decline letters will be sent in early December.
How to Submit
- Submit your paper structured abstract with a description of a research project or program using the guidelines on MLANET.
- Groups (sections, chapters, special interest groups, and others) can submit proposals for substantial, focused content sessions (for example, invited speakers or panel presentations) in the first call. Previously known as special content sessions, these are now called immersion sessions.
- The MLA Research Section awards individuals with the best research-based papers and posters.
Submissions for posters and lightning talks will open on December 12, 2018.
FAQs and More Information
- To review criteria for all abstract types, please see the FAQ: Papers, immersion sessions, posters, and lightning talks
- Previous MLA Research Award winners: 2016–present | 2011–2015 | 2006–2010 | 2001–2005 | 1996–2000
Questions: Contact the Contributed Content Planning Group
Contributed Content Planning Group
- Papers: Jamie Conklin, Kathy Kwan, and Hannah Schilperoort
- Posters: Carol Seiler, Ahlam Saleh, and Lindsay Blake
- Lightning talks: Meaghan Muir and Brenda Faye Green, FMLA
- Immersion sessions: Lisa A. Marks, AHIP, and Dan Burgard
- August 15: Online submission site for papers and immersion sessions (formerly, special content sessions) opens
- October 24, 6:00 p.m. (central time): Deadline for paper and immersion session submissions
- December: MLA sends notifications of acceptance for paper and immersion session submissions
- December 12: Submit abstracts for posters and lightning talks
- Mid-January: MLA opens online meeting registration
- January 25, 6:00 p.m. (central time): Deadline for poster and lightning talk submissions
- May 3–8: MLA ’19 Elevate in Chicago, IL