Call for Applications to the MLA Research Training Institute (RTI)
- Application deadline extended to January 31, 2022
Program Details for RTI '22
- October 21, 2021–January 31, 2022: Open application period. - See Submission Process for details and online form (now available)
- January 31, 2022: Application deadline extended
- March 2022: Participants contacted and announced
Key Institute dates:
Core institute modules are held every Tuesday at 1:00 PM (CT), beginning May 31, 2022 thru July 26, 2022. Other institute modules are held monthly, September 2022 through June 2023. Periodic mentor group meetings occur throughout the institute year. All institute modules and mentor group meetings will be conducted on Zoom and be 1-1.5 hours in length. See Calendar for details and schedule. (30 hrs approx.).
- May 2022: Pre-institute learning activities
- May 31–July 26, 2022: Core institute modules, Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m., Central Time
- August 2022–June 2023: Fellows conduct research projects
- September 2022–April 2023: Monthly institute modules. See schedule.
- June 2022–June 2023: Periodic mentor group meetings. See schedule.
- May 2023: Research Poster Presentation @ MLA '23
Application Procedures and Registration
- Learn more about application requirements and deadlines.
- Review the application instructions thoroughly before completing the online application form.
- Registration Fees:
- MLA member: $750
- Non MLA member: $750
Scholarships are open to all MLA members who indicate on the application form that they have a financial need. Non MLA applicants should explore benefits available to MLA members. First time members ($150/year) and librarians with salaries $40,000 or less ($120/year) have reduced membership fees. Learn more about MLA membership fees and benefits. Registration fee includes tuition and participation in RTI online community of practice.
MLA Continuing Education (CE) Credit and AHIP Points
RTI Fellows receive 48 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours. Interested participants may apply for 30 points toward membership in the Academy of Health Information Professional (AHIP).
RTI offers various scholarships to MLA members to support practicing health sciences professionals to attend the institute. Scholarships are open to all MLA members who indicate on the application form that they have a financial need. Non MLA applicants should explore MLA membership options and benefits in order to apply and receive RTI scholarship opportunities. Learn more about MLA membership fees and benefits.
For questions regarding the institute, please contact Susan Lessick, AHIP, FMLA, project director, RTI.