Call for Applications to the MLA Research Training Institute (RTI)
- Applications must be received by January 17, 2020
- January 17, 2020: Application deadline. - See Submission Process for details and online form
- March 2020: Participants contacted and announced
- May to June, 2020: Pre-institute learning activities begin
- July 13 to 17, 2020: Face to face program component at University of Illinois–Chicago (UIC)
- July 2020 to June 2021: Post-institute support for participants to implement projects
Application Procedures and Registration
- Learn more about application requirements and deadlines.
- Review the application instructions thoroughly before completing the online application form.
- Registration Fees:
- MLA member: $1,525
- Non MLA member: $1,775
- Registration Fee, with lodging:
- MLA members: $1,875
- Non MLA members: $2,125
Non MLA applicants should explore benefits for MLA members. MLA members receive RTI fee discounts and are entitled to apply for and receive RTI scholarship opportunities. First time members ($150/year) and librarians with salaries $40,000 or less ($120/year) have reduced membership fees. Learn more about MLA membership fees and benefits.
- Welcome reception for participants and staff
- Twice-daily refreshment breaks
- Daily lunches
- Evening social event
- Chicago CTA bus pass (7 days)
- Participation in RTI online community of practice
MLA Continuing Education (CE) Credit and AHIP Points
RTI is approved for 48 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours. Interested participants may apply for 30 points toward membership in the Academy of Health Information Professional (AHIP).
RTI offers various scholarships to MLA members to enable practicing health sciences professionals to attend the institute. Non MLA applicants should explore MLA membership options and benefits in order to apply and receive RTI scholarship opportunities. Learn more about MLA membership fees and benefits.
Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago
1750 W. Polk Street
Chicago, IL 60612
The 2019 RTI will be held at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago (LHS-Chicago) at the University of Illinois–Chicago (UIC), which is a large public research university located in the central United States. The newly renovated state-of-the-art library is located in the heart of the medical campus. Outfitted with the latest technology, the library offers a modern open learning and information commons atmosphere that gives students and faculty the tools to achieve their educational and research objectives.
For questions regarding the institute, please contact Susan Lessick, AHIP, FMLA, project director, RTI.