Connection. Inspiration. Wellness. The Be Well MLA initiative invites you to join us for a community-centered, virtual opportunity. Our upcoming session on November 15, 2023, at 1:00 p.m., central time, Gifts and Gratitude: Sharing the Gift of Creativity, is about acknowledging our unique talents and the creative resources within each of us. Together, we'll explore the art of giving creatively and the power of gratitude.
During this session, our panelists will guide us through an interactive check-in exercise that taps into our creative selves and grounds us in the present moment. They'll also generously share insights into their creative endeavors and be ready to respond to inquiries about harnessing our creative talents to enhance our well-being and those around us. Please accept our invitation to pause, participate, and care for yourself. Join us for this fantastic opportunity during a month when many people reflect on gratitude and how to show gratitude to themselves and others.
Featured speakers for this session are:
- Jewel Davis, Education Librarian and Associate Professor, Appalachian State University
- Bridgett Johnson-Pride, Director of Public Services for Archives and Special Collections, Harvard University
- Matthew Noe, Lead Collection and Knowledge Management Librarian at Harvard Medical School
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
Upcoming Be Well MLA Wednesday sessions:
- December 13: Create the Be Well Cookbook: Share Your Recipes with Us
- January 24: Transitions – preparing for retirement, parenting, to a new job, etc.
- February 21: Love as a Verb: How to Show You Care & Maintain Relationships
- March 20: Pets Corner
- April 17: Financial Literacy Health Checkup
All sessions are from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., central time. Presentations are followed by a discussion with the presenters and the Be Well MLA team.
Be Well MLA Planning Team:
- Amy Blevins, 2023-2024 MLA President
- Shannon Jones, MLA Past-President
- Kelsa Bartley, University of Miami
- Karen Grigg, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Lorin Jackson, Medical University of South Carolina
- Irene Lubker, Medical University of South Carolina
- Tamara Nelson, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Ariel Pomputius, University of Florida
- Kate Saylor, University of Michigan