This could be your year to present at the MLA annual conference! MLA '24 will feature hundreds of papers, immersion sessions, lightning talks, and poster sessions - not to mention networking and social events. You'll have an even wider variety of meeting content to choose from at MLA '24 than ever before.
You’ll come away with:
- fresh perspectives on core information management topics,
- a better understanding of developing trends and hot topics,
- ideas and insights you can put to immediate use in your job,
- new and stronger connections with key industry colleagues, and
- a greater awareness of the latest information resources on the market.
Round 1: Contributed Papers and Immersion Sessions
Contributed Papers are 10-12-minute presentations that fall into two broad categories:
Immersion sessions are 75-minute (max) “deep dives” into a single topic.
How to Submit Your Abstract
All you need to get started on the submission process is your name and email. Your details and progress will be saved, and you will automatically be opted-in to receive reminders about your abstract submission. Find additional information about MLA ’24 Proposals. MLA also provides several resources to help with your proposal submission:
- Consult the MLA ’24 Submission Tips for submitting a strong abstract
- About MLA ’24 Proposals
- How to Submit MLA ’24 Proposals
MLA member presenters who will be attending MLA ’24 in person in Portland may be eligible for a $75 in-person registration discount. Discounts are available as follows:
- Up to 2 presenters per in-person presentation/paper/poster
- Up to 4 presenters per in-person immersion session
- Presenter discount is not available in combination with existing registration discounts such as an institutional bulk registration or student registration, or for one-day in-person registrations.
Don’t forget, the Call for Proposals: Round 1 contributed papers and immersion sessions abstract submissions are due by October 26, 2023, at 10:59 p.m., central time / 11:59 p.m., eastern time.
Questions? Contact the MLA Contributed Content Working Group.