We’re so excited to see you at MLA | SLA '23 in Detroit from May 16-19! But if you can’t attend in person, there’s also a robust virtual experience to access official meeting content and connect with colleagues.
The MLA | SLA ’23 virtual experience includes:
- Up to 300 papers, lightning talks, posters, and education sessions available on demand with text-chat option; some live presentation sessions may also be available, pending presenter availability.
- Opening & Joseph Leiter NLM/MLA Lectureship by Craig Robertson
- Janet Doe Lecture by Michelle Kraft, AHIP, FMLA
- John P. McGovern Lecture by Terri Givens
- National Library of Medicine/Network of the National Library of Medicine (NLM/NNLM) Programs
- NLM Update
- New Member Programs
- Virtual Exhibit Hall & On-Demand Exhibitor Presentations
- Additional live-streamed sessions currently being scheduled
The MLA | SLA ’23 in-person experience includes all of the above, plus:
- 14 interactive immersion sessions and 39 in-person education sessions
- Returning for the second year, the Collection Development & Resource Sharing Symposium
- New Leadership & Management Symposium
- Four in-person CE Courses
- CE 100: Effectiveness and Efficiency in Exhaustive Searches
- CE 200: Developing a Collection for All Your Patrons: A Workshop in Writing a Collection Development Policy
- CE 400: Conducting Difficult Conversations: Improving Workplace Effectiveness, Relationships, and Satisfaction
- CE500: Research for the Non-Researcher
- Hall of exhibits including exhibitor booths, technology showcases, sunrise seminars, and lunch-and-learn sessions, as well as the MLA Connections booth, MLA 125th Anniversary booth, photo opportunities and more
- Multiple networking (and food!) events, including the Welcome Reception, Communities Lunch, grab-and-go breakfasts, and more
- On-site amenities including MLA Resume Clinic, quiet room, member resource room, and virtual viewing area onsite for virtual sessions
- Closing session with anniversary cake and information on next year’s meeting in Portland, OR
Whether you plan on attending virtually or in-person, MLA | SLA ’23 will be one for the books.
Take advantage of early-bird rates through April 14! Group registration options are also available, members always save more. Register now.
Don't forget to also make your hotel reservation through the official room block on MLANET. Please beware of unauthorized vendors and scams.