Honors and Awards
- Honorary member (Fellow), 1997
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL), founding member, 1987
- 8th International Congress of Medical Librarianship (ICML), London, Steering Committee, chair, 2000
- Journal of Medical Biography, Editorial Board, member, 1993–2000
- Health Libraries Review, Editorial Board, member, 1984–1996
- Health Libraries and Rare Books Groups, The Library Association (UK), member
- Stewart DWC. Editorial – A London medical libraries consortium? Health Libr Rev. 1993:10(1):1–2.
- Stewart DWC. Clinical medicine. In: Morton LT, Godbolt S, eds. Information sources in the medical sciences. 4th ed. London: Bowker-Saur; 1992.
- Stewart DWC. Wright DJ, ed. Health information for all: A common goal: Proceedings of the second European conference of medical libraries Bologna, Italy, November 2–6, 1988. Munich: K.G. Saur Verlag GmbH; 1989.
- Read EM, revised by Stewart DWC. Clinical medicine. In: Morton LT, Godbolt S, eds. Information sources in the medical sciences. 3rd ed. Boston: Butterworths; 1983. p. 290–320.
- Chief librarian, Royal Society of Medicine, 1977–1995
- Deputy librarian, Royal Society of Medicine, 1973–1977
- Library assistant, Royal Society of Medicine, 1963–1973
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Godbolt S. Obituary: David W.C. Stewart, 1941–2000. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 2001 Jan; 89(1):95–96. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC31719/.
- Honorary Membership in MLA conferred. Proceedings, Ninety-seventh Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc. Seattle, WA, May 24–28, 1997. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1998 Jan; 86(1):130. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC226342/pdf/mlab00090-0129.pdf
- BA, Trinity College, Dublin, 1963
- Chartered Librarian, Library Association (UK), 1971
Contributed by Jean P. Shipman and Connie Schardt