MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Chairman, Convention committee, 1967-68
- President, 1962-63
Honors and Awards
- John P. McGovern Award Lectureship, 1984
- Frank Bradway Rogers Information Advancement Award, 1983
- Fellow, 1975
- Janet Doe Lectureship, 1968
- Ida and George Eliot Prize (with Thelma Charen), 1963
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1961
- Melvil Dewey Award (ALA), 1963
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central
- Rogers, FB. Problems of medical subject cataloging. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1968 Oct; 56(4): 355-364.
- Rogers, Frank Bradway, compiler and editor. Selected papers of John Shaw Billings: compiled, with a life of Billings. [Washington(DC)]: Medical Library Association; 1965. 300 p. (Medical Library Association Publication; no.2).
- Rogers, FB. The development of MEDLARS. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1964 Jan; 52(1): 150-151.
- Rogers, FB, Charen, T. Abbreviations for medical journal titles. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1962 July; 50(3): 311-352.
- Rogers Frank B. Applications and limitations of subject headings: the pure and applied sciences. In Tauber Maurice F. ed. The Subject Analysis of Library Materials. N.Y. Columbia University School of Library Service, 1953.
- Director, University of Colorado Medical Center Library, Denver, CO, 1963-1975
- Director, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1949-1963
MLA published statements about the fellow
- McClure, LW. Separate paths to greatness. J Med Libr Assoc. 2002 January; 90(1): 104-107.
- Blake, JB, Obituaries. Frank Bradway Rogers 1914-1987. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1988 January; 76(1): 95-97.
- Medical Library Association Oral History Interview with Frank Bradway Rogers. Interview conducted on January 19, 1979 by Nancy Whitten Zinn. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1986. An oral history summary and photo are available.
- Honors and Awards Luncheon. Proceedings, 74th Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Cleveland, Ohio, June 2-5, 1975. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1976 January; 64(1): 81 [cited September 14, 2008]
(Birth 1914; Death 1987)
Submitted by Steve Greenberg and Jim Labosier
Edited September 14, 2008