See also Medical Library Center of New York with Erich Meyerhoff Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, member, 1972-76
- Ad Hoc Committee to Review the Goals and Structure of the Medical Library Association, chair, 1968-72
Honors and Awards
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1997
- Fellow, 1985
- Janet Doe lecturer, 1977
- New York Academy of Medicine, Fellow, 1963-64
Publications (5 representative)
- Meyerhoff E. Death in the family: The Medical Library Center of New York, 1960-2003. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004 Jan; 92(1): 4.
- Meyerhoff E. Foundations of medical librarianship. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1977 Oct; 65(4): 409-18.
- Meyerhoff E. The Medical Library Center of New York: an experiment in cooperative acquisition and storage of medical library materials. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1963 Oct; 51(4): 501-6.
- Meyerhoff E. Continuing education of medical librarians: evaluation of the Association's past performance and suggestions for the future. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1963 Jul; 51(3): 376-83.
- Bridegam WE Jr., Meyerhoff E. Library participation in a biomedical communication and information network. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1970 Apr; 58(2): 103-11.
- Assistant Adjunct Curator, Ehrman Medical Library Archives, New York University School of Medicine, and Waldman Library of Dentistry, New York University School of Dentistry, New York, NY, 1989-present
- Chief of Library Service, Veterans Administration New York Medical Center, New York, NY, 1986-88
- Assistant Dean for Information Resources, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, 1977-86
- Librarian, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, 1970-77
- Librarian, Health Sciences Library, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1967-70
- Director, Medical Library Center of New York, New York, NY, 1961-67
- Librarian and Assistant Professor, Health Sciences Library, Down State Medical Center of the State University of New York, NY, 1957-61
- Reference Librarian, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1951-57
Edited June 17, 2004