MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Committee on Certification, Member, 1969–1972
- MLA President, 1960–1961
- Placement Advisor, 1958–1959
- Board of Directors, Member, 1955–1958
- Committee on International Cooperation, Cochair, 1954–1958; Member, 1951
- Exchange Committee, Member
- Micrcocard Committee, Member, 1951–1952
- Philadelphia Chapter
- Founding Member, 1951
- Chair, 1959–1960
Honors and Awards
- MLA’s Most Notable, 1998
- Fellow, 1978
- Honorary Life Membership, Philadelphia Chapter MLA
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Lentz RT. Elliott How Morse [MLA president’s page]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1969 Oct;57(4):406–7.
- Lentz RT. A selected bibliography of medicine; comp. for the course in medical bibliography at the Drexel Institute Graduate School of Library Science. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA; 1961.
- Lentz RT. Medical librarians protest. Am J Dis Child. 1960;100:950.
- Lentz RT. Symposium on types of medical libraries III. the medical school library. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1955 Apr;43(2):188–92.
- Lentz RT. World directory of medical schools [book review]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1954 Oct;42(4):528–9.
- Instructor in Medical Bibliography, Graduate School of Library Science, Drexel Institute of Technology, 1959–1974
- Archivist, Thomas Jefferson Medical School, 1975–1998
- Director, Thomas Jefferson Medical School Library, 1949–1975
- Assistant Librarian, Thomas Jefferson Medical School Library, 1931–1949
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Morris C. Transcript of oral history interview with Robert Lentz: [Chicago], 12 and 19 Apr 1984. The Association; 1984. (Print copies of the oral history can be found through the Regional Medical Libraries. An oral history summary and photo are available. [cited 23 Jan 2012].)
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings 78th Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc., Chicago, Illinois, June 10–15, 1978. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1979 Jan;67(1):89.
- Morse EH. Robert T. Lentz, President, Medical Library Association, 1960–1961. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1960 Jul;48(3):340–2.
- MLS, Temple University, Philadelphia, 1951
- BEd, Temple University, Philadelphia, 1948
- Banks Business College, Philadelphia, 1929–1931
(Birth 1918; Death 1998)
Contributed by Diane McKenzie