MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Dental Section, chair, 2008–2009
- MLA Nominating Committee, member, 2003–2004
- Medical Informatics Section: Membership Committee, chair, 2003–2004
- Hospital Libraries Section: nominee to MLA Nominating Committee, 2002–2003; chair, 2000–2001
- Award for Excellence and Achievement in Hospital Librarianship Jury, chair, 1998–1999
- Public Health/Health Administration Section: chair, 1985–1986
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Medical Library Association, 2016
- David A. Kronick Traveling Fellowship, 2003: Kronenfeld MR. Trends in academic health sciences libraries and their emergence as the “knowledge nexus” for their academic health centers. J Med Libr Assoc. 2005 Jan;93(1):32–6. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- Ida and George Eliot Prize, 2001: Kronenfeld MR, ed. Hospital libraries and the Internet part two: focus on the future. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1999 Oct;87(4)381–414. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- Distinguished Member, Academy of Health Information Professionals, 1990–prsent
- Certification, 1988, 1983, 1978
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, University of Rhode Island, 2004
- Selected as one of the 50 outstanding alumni of University of Rhode Island’s Graduate School of Library and Information Studies over the past 5 decades as part of their celebration of the school’s 50th Anniversary
Publications (5 representative)
- Kronenfeld JJ, Kronenfeld MR. Health reform in the United States: a reference handbook. 2nd ed. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC–CLIO Greenwood; 2015.
- Kronenfeld M, Bright HS. Library resource discovery. J Med Libr Assoc. 2015;103(4):210–2. [cited 20 Jul 2016]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.103.4.011.
- Brown SR, Roush JR, Lamkin AR, Perrakis R, Kronenfeld MR. Evaluating the professional libraries of practicing physical therapists. J Med Libr Assoc. 2007 Jan;95(1):64–9. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- Perry GJ, Kronenfeld MR. Evidence–based practice: a new paradigm brings new opportunities for health sciences librarians. Med Ref Serv Q. 2005 Winter; 24(4):1–16.
- Gluck JC, Hassig RA, Balogh L, Bandy M, Doyle JD, Kronenfeld MR, Lindner KL, Murray K, Petersen J, Rand DC. Standards for hospital libraries 2002. J Med Libr Assoc. 2002 Oct;90(4):465–72. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- University Librarian, A.T. Still Memorial Library, A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences, Mesa, AZ, 2011–present
- Director, Learning Resource Center, A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences, Mesa, AZ, 2002–2011
- Director/Webmaster, Health Sciences Library, Maricopa Integrated Health System, Phoenix, AZ, 1993–2003
- Coordinator, Reference Division, Maricopa County Library District, Phoenix, AZ, 1990–1993
- Director, Division of Information Services, Library and Educational Resource Center, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control–Columbia, 1980–1990
- Associate/Public Health Librarian, Department of Public Health, School of Medicine/School of Community and Allied Health, University of Alabama–Birmingham Medical Center, 1978–1980
- Processor/Archivist, Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences, University of Alabama–Birmingham, 1975–1978
MLA published statements about the fellow
- MLA honors excellence in health sciences librarianship. MLA News. 2016 May;56(5):15. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- Fulda PO, Satterthwaite RK, eds. Awards ceremony. Proceedings, 103rd Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc., San Diego, California, May 2–7, 2003. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004 Jan;92(1):117–24. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- Squires S, ed. Awards ceremony. Proceedings, 101st Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc., Orlando, Florida May 25–30, 2001. J Med Libr Assoc. 2002 Jan;90(1):143. [cited 20 Jul 2016].
- MBA, University of Alabama–Birmingham, 1979
- MLS, University of Rhode Island–Kingston, 1975, Beta Phi Mu
- BA, History, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1971