MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Editorial Board, Handbook of Medical Library Practice, 4th edition, chair, 1975–1976
- Publication Committee, member, 1974–1976
- Dental Section, Ad Hoc Publications Committee, chair, 1996–1997; Section Council representative, 1995; Section Council alternate, 1992–1994; section chair, 1986–1987
- New York-New Jersey Chapter, treasurer; Executive Committee, member
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2000
- New York University, College of Dentistry Meritorious Service Award, 1994
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- Expert in the field of dental literature and information
- Instrumental in the development of one of the most important and extensive library dental collections in the United States
- Volunteer for the blind, Talking Books, Helen Keller Services Program, New York City, NY
Publications (5 representative)
- Johnson RC, Mason FO, Sims RH. A basic list of recommended books for support of clinical dentistry in a nondental library. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1997 Jul;85(3):233–8. [cited 8 Oct 2013].
- Curator and Librarian, John & Bertha E. Waldmann Library, College of Dentistry, New York University–New York, 1977–1994
- Associate Curator, Medical Library, New York University–New York, and Supervisor, Medical Library, Goldwater Memorial Hospital, New York, NY, 1972–1977
- Assistant Curator, Medical Library, New York University–New York, and Supervisor, Medical Library, Goldwater Memorial Hospital, New York, NY, 1967–1972
- Library Associate, Assistant Reference Librarian, Medical Library, New York University–New York, 1964–1966
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Squires SJ, ed. Presentation of awards. Proceedings, One Hundredth Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, May 5–11, 2000. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 2001 Jan;89(1):109. [cited 24 Nov 2014].
- MLA inducts Roy C. Johnson as one of this year’s MLA Fellows. What’s New, MLANET. May 2000.