MLA Honors and Awards
- Honorary member, 1998
- American College of Physicians Ontario Laureate Award, 2013
- Order of Canada, 2011
- Fellow, Canadian Academy of Health Sciences, May 2011
- Fellow, American College of Medical Informatics, 1992–
- Fellow, American College of Physicians, 1986
Other Accomplishments & Activities
- Board of Trustees, BioMed Central, 2001–
- Coordinating editor, Evidence-Based Mental Health, 1997–2002
- Coordinating editor, Evidence-Based Nursing, 1997–2007 (Periodical)
- Associate editor, Scientific American Medicine, 1995–2009 (now ACP Medicine)
- Editorial Board, British Medical Journal, 1995–2002, 2008–2015
- Founded the Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University, 1987
Publications (5 representative)
- Wilczynski NL, McKibbon KA, Walter SD, Garg AX, Haynes RB. MEDLINE clinical queries are robust when searching in recent publishing years. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013 Mar-vApr; 20(2):363–8. PMCID: PMC3638187.
- Wilczynski NL, McKibbon KA, Haynes RB. Sensitive Clinical Queries retrieved relevant systematic reviews as well as primary studies: an analytic survey. J Clin Epidemiol. 2011 Dec; 64(12):1341–9. PubMed PMID: 21775104.
- Haynes RB, Holland J, Cotoi C, McKinlay RJ, Wilczynski NL, Walters L, Jedraszewski D, Parrish R, McKibbon A, Garg A, Walter SD. McMaster PLUS: A cluster randomized clinical trial of an intervention to accelerate clinical use of evidence-based information from digital libraries. J Amer Med Inform Assoc Nov 2006;13:593–600. PMC 1656957.
- Haynes RB, Cotoi C, Holland J, Walters L, Wilczynski N, Jedraszewski D, McKinlay J, Parrish R, McKibbon KA; McMaster Premium Literature Service (PLUS) Project. Second-order peer review of the medical literature for clinical practitioners. JAMA. 2006 Apr 19;295(15):1801–8. PubMed PMID: 16622142.
- Haynes RB, McKibbon KA, Wilczynski NL, Walter SD, Werre SR. Optimal search strategies for retrieving scientifically strong studies of treatment from Medline: analytical survey. BMJ. 2005 May 21; 330(7501):1179; PMC 558012.
- Professor Emeritus, McMaster University, 2016–
- Editor, Evidence Updates, 2005–present
- Chair, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, 1998–2008
- Editor, Evidence-based Medicine, 1995 – 2007
- Founding Director, Canadian Cochrane Network and Centre, 1994–1999
- Editor, ACP Journal Club, 1990–present
- Professor, McMaster University, 1985–2016
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Proceedings, Ninety-eighth Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania May 23-27, 1998, page 123. (Cited 24 April 2018) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC226549/?page=13
- PhD, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, 1973–1975
- MSc, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, 1972–1973
- M.D. University of Alberta, Alberta, Canada, 1967–1971
- Premedical Studies, University of Calgary, 1965–1967
Contributed by Connie Schardt