MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1965/66
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, editor, 1961-69
- Southern Chapter, chair, 1960
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1990
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1977
- Ida and George Eliot Prize Essay Award, 1972
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1969
Publications (5 representative)
- Brandon AN, Hill DR. Selected list of books and journals in allied health. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1984 Oct; 72:373-91 (subsequent revised editions published every two years. The last edition co-edited by Brandon was Bull Med Libr Assoc 1996 Jul;84(3):289-309).
- Brandon AN. The continuing controversy over change. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1978 Jan; 66(1):1-5.
- Brandon AN. Academic status for medical school librarians. Bull Med. Libr Assoc 1970 Jan; 58:1-6.
- Brandon AN. The emergence of the modern medical library. In: Darling L, Bishop D, Colaianni LA eds. Handbook of medical library practice, 3d ed. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1970:1-15.
- Brandon AN, Hill DR. Selected list of books and Journals for the small medical library. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1965 Jul; 53:329-64 (subsequent revised editions published every two years. The last edition co-edited by Brandon was 1997 Apr Bull Med Libr Assoc 85(2):111-35).
- Librarian & Director of New York & Northern New Jersey Regional Medical Library, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1973-78
- Chairman & Professor, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Dept. of Library Science, New York, NY,1969-73
- Director Welch Medical Library, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1963-69
- Head Librarian, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY, 1957-63
- Head Librarian, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, 1953-57
- Head Librarian, Transportation Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1952-53
- Assistant Librarian, Atlantic Union College, South Lancaster, MA, 1946-52
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Morgan LK. Alfred N. Brandon, 1922-1996. (obituary). 1997 Jan; Bull Med Libr Assoc 85(1): 71-72.
- Martin JA. Alfred N. Brandon, President, Medical Library Association, 1965/66. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1965 Jul; 53:457-8.
(Birth 1922; Death 1996)
Edited September 26, 2003