MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- MLA National Program Committee/11th ICML Planning Committee, Member, 2010–2013
- Veterinary Medical Libraries Section, Founding Member, Chair, 1975–1976; 1999–2000
- Veterinary Serials Committee, Chair, 1978–
- Committee on Committees, Cochair, 2010
- Ad Hoc Committee for an International List of Veterinary Libraries, Member, 2005–
- Ad Hoc Committee to Investigate an International Congress, Member, 1988–1991
- Nominating Committee, Member, 1991–1993, Chair, 2000–2001
- Section Council Representative, 1985–1988; Section Council Alternate, 1981–1985
- Ad Hoc Committee to Establish a Basic List of Veterinary Serials, Member, 1976–1978
- Midcontinental Chapter, Chair, 1976–1977
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Vet MedInfo Project, Steering Committee, Member, 2007–2010
- American Veterinary Medical History Society, Board Member, 2002–2006
- International Conference of Animal Health Information Specialists (ICAHIS)
- Planning Committee, 7th ICAHIS, Boston, MA, 2010–2013
- Coconvener, 6th ICAHIS, Brisbane, Australia, 2009
- Cochair, 1st ICAHIS, Reading, UK, 1992
- International Congress on Medical Librarianship, 11th, Brisbane, Australia, Planning Committee, Member, 2007–2009
- Veterinary Archival and Grey Literature Steering Group (V-Ags), Founding Member
- North American Library Advisory Board to CABI, Charter Member
- European Veterinary Libraries Group of the European Association for Health Information and Libraries, Charter Member
- Evidence Based Veterinary Medicine Association, Charter Member
- International Conference of Animal Health Information Specialists, Founding Member
- Animal Health Information Specialists, UK Group, Charter Member
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2011
- Louise Darling Medal for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development in the Health Sciences, MLA, 2010
- Daniel T. Richards Award, 2010
- Murray Gottlieb Prize, 2009
- Phi Zeta Society
- Dean’s Impact Award, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Boyd CT. Veterinary medicine as portrayed on postcards. Historia Medicinae Veterinariae. 2012;36(1-3):1–124 (in press).
- Boyd CT. The lost history of American veterinary medicine: the need for preservation. J Med Lib Assoc. 2011 Jan;99(1):8–14. [cited 26 Jan 2012].
- Ugaz AG, Boyd CT, Croft VF, Carrigan E, Anderson KA. Basic list of veterinary medical serials, third edition: using a decision matrix to update the core list of veterinary journals. J Med Lib Assoc. 2010 Oct;98(4):282–92. [cited 26 Jan 2012].
- Jaros J, Carrigan E, Boyd CT, Croft VF, Fagen D, Moberly HK, Stephens GM, Willard G. Saving the elusive past for the future: a case study in collaboration of veterinary libraries. J Agric Food Inf. 2008;9(4):329–40.
- Boyd CT. Images of veterinary medicine from the United States. Historia Medicinae Veterinariae. 1994;19(3&4):80–1.
- Head, Zalk Veterinary Medical Library, University of Missouri–Columbia, 1970–
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri–Columbia, 1970–
- Science Reference Librarian/Instructor, Wichita State University, 1968–1970
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Alpi KM, Delgado D, eds. Presentation of awards (Fellows). Proceedings, 111th annual meeting Medical Library Association, Inc., Minneapolis, MN, May 13–18, 2011. J Med Lib Assoc. 2012 Jan;100(1):E1–E26. [cited 26 Jan 2012].
- Alpi KM, Delgado D, eds. Presentation of awards (Louise Darling Medal). Proceedings, 110th annual meeting Medical Library Association, Inc., Washington, DC, May 21–26, 2010. J Med Libr Assoc. 2011 January; 99(1): E1–E45. [cited 26 Jan 2012].
- BS, agriculture,University of Missouri–Columbia, 1967
- MA, Library Science, University of Missouri–Columbia, 1968
Contributed by Trenton Boyd and Diane McKenzie, 2012