American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) members and subscribers now have a streamlined experience across the breadth of essential AAP publications, with the recent launch of the AAP Publications platform at https://publications.aap.org.
The new platform simplifies navigation and maximizes discoverability by integrating the content and search across previously separate websites. Users can search one site for journals and news, as well as Point-of-Care Solutions and AAP Books.
The AAP Publications platform hosts AAP journals—including the flagship journal Pediatrics®, Pediatrics in Review®, AAP Grand Rounds™, Hospital Pediatrics® and NeoReviews™—as well as AAP News™; AAP Books; AAP Point-of-Care Solutions, including Pediatric Care Online™, Red Book® Online, Pediatric Patient Education™, AAP Toolkits™, AAP Pediatric Coding Newsletter™; and AAP Policy.
The enterprise-wide navigation offers users options for filtering or expanding a search, while remaining in the AAP ecosystem. From the AAP Publications site, members and subscribers can move seamlessly between other key AAP sites, like AAP.org, HealthyChildren.org and shopAAP. Users can also view abstracts and PDFs from the search results rather than having to click into an article.
In addition to seamless searchability and a fresh design, products on the new platform have enhanced features:
- Policies: A dedicated page to discover policy-related documents
- Journals: An intuitive table of contents; split screen viewing for figures, tables, or multimedia content; and new landing pages to discover content across journal titles
- AAP News: A new home page, most-read articles widget, and email alerts
- AAP Books: Preferred reading format, including split screen view
- Pediatric Care Online: Streamlined quick reference, and enhanced organization for quick access to algorithms, drug lookup, forms and tools, videos, and visual library
- Red Book Online: Streamlined vaccine status tables for quick access to information on new and updated vaccinations including Sars-CoV-2, and new split screen views for figures, images, tables, references, and related content
- Pediatric Patient Education: Improved search to find handouts, and most accessed and newest content widgets
- AAP Toolkits: New quick links for easy navigation
- AAP Pediatric Coding Newsletter: Split screen viewing, new resources section, and streamlined table of contents
The AAP partnered with Silverchair of Charlottesville, VA, to develop the unified platform.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 67,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, and pediatric surgical specialists dedicated to the health, safety, and well-being of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. For more information, visit www.aap.org.