User Experience Caucus
Members: 237 Discussions: 495 Files: 10
The User Experience Caucus primarily focuses on improvement in library information resources for all users, from expert searchers to novices. Information resources include but are not limited to databases, electronic resources, library websites, library catalogs, discovery interfaces, and online subject guides.
- Verma, L & Hickner, A. Information Services: Is a Single Platform for Tracking Interface Issues Feasible? The UX Caucus Thinks So! MLAConnect, May 2020.
- Hickner A, Barnett L, McLellan A, Moore C, Saylor K, Verma L. Features, Flaws, & Fixes: A new community of information professionals. Annual Meeting of the New York-New Jersey Chapter of the Medical Library Association; November 6, 2019; New Brunswick, NJ. (link to PDF abstract)
- A Hickner. Technology: LibKey and LibKey Nomad. MLAConnect 2019.
- Barnett L, Hickner A, McLellan A. Features, flaws, and fixes. MLAConnect 2019.
Public Resources1) UX Caucus Issues Tracker
Join us in tracking ongoing user interface issues by entering usability, technical or other issues into our Issues Tracker form. Any type of issue can be entered for any online information platform. The issues tracker is a work in progress, feel free to provide feedback directly to the Chair or Chair-Elect or on the UX Caucus forum. Read more about the UX Issues Tracker in the MLA Connect blog post.
2) UX Caucus Database Tips Blog
Launched in January 2022, the Database Tips Blog provides bite-size tips for expert searchers on how to search more efficiently. If you'd like to contribute a tip or be added as a contributor to the blog, email Andy Hickner at: alh4014 at med.cornell.edu or Kate Saylor at kmacdoug at umich.edu
3) MLA Insight Initiative: Working Group 1/1a Pain Points Bibliography
A team of past InSight Summit participants developed a list of required pre-Summit reading for the participants of MLA InSight Summit 4, held in November 2019. The literature review focused on understanding end-user behavior as it relates to discovery of and access to information, and informed a 2021 article exploring user barriers to clinical information access.
4) Follow our work on Twitter: #MLAUXCaucus!
User Experience Caucus Leaders