See also Rosalind Farnam Dudden's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, member, 1998-2001
- Consumer and Patient Heath Information Section, webmaster, 1996-2003
- Hospital Libraries Section, webmaster, 1995-98
- Nominating Committee, elected member, 1995
- Hospital Libraries Committee, chair, 1994-95
- Exchange Advisory Committee, chair, 1990-91
- Hospital Libraries Section, chair, 1987-88
- Hospital Libraries Section, Section Council alternate, 1984-87
- Hospital Library Standards and Practices Committee, chair, 1982-84
- National Program Committee, associate chair, 1981-84
- Hospital Libraries Section Treasurer,1977-78
- Midcontinental Chapter
- MCMLA/RML Liaison Committee, chair, 1982-85
- Conference Publicity/Registration Committee, Chair, 1992-94
- Nominating Committee, chair, 1991-92
- Exhibits Committee, Annual Meeting Organizing Committee, chair, 1986-88
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2003
- President's Award, 2003
- ISI/Frank Bradway Rogers Information Advancement Award, 1995
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, distinguished member, 1990 to present
- The George and Ida Elliot Prize, 1981
- National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 2002 Friend of Faculty Award
- Who's Who in American Women, 1996-present
- Midcontinental Chapter, Outstanding Achievement Award, 1995
- Midcontinental Chapter, Barbara McDowell Award, 1988
Publications (5 representative)
- Dudden RF. The importance of small research projects: the impact of full text online journals on journal use surveys. Natl Network 2003 Apr;27(4):5-7.
- Bender BG, Berning S, Dudden R, Milgrom H, Tran ZV. Sedation and performance impairment of diphenhydramine and second-generation antihistamines: a meta-analysis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2003 Apr;111(4):770-6
- Dudden RF. Grant writing and the hospital librarian. J Hosp Lib 2001;1(3):25-3.
- Dudden RF, Coldren S, Condon JE, Katsh S, Reiter CM, Roth PL. Interlibrary loan in primary access libraries: challenging the traditional view. Bull Med Libr Assoc 2000 Oct;88(4):303-13 [cited September 23, 2003].
- Topper, JM; Bradley, J.; Dudden, RF; Epstein, BA; Lambremont, JA; Putney, TR. JCAH accreditation and the hospital library: a guide for librarians. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1980 Apr; 68 (2):212-19.
- Health Sciences Librarian, Gerald Tucker Memorial Medical Library, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO, 1986-present
- Director of Library Services, Mercy Medical Center, Denver, CO, 1971-1986
MLA published statements about the fellow
- MLA Honors Excellence in Health Sciences Librarianship. MLA News, June/July 2003. [cited September 24, 2003].