MLA publishes books on topics of vital interest to medical librarians and other information professionals. Books are published in cooperation with Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group and ALA Neal-Schuman, and are available in a variety of electronic formats as well as print.
Purchase Current Books
Members are entitled to a 10% member discount on MLA books.
Our latest books can be ordered through Rowman & Littlefield. Please use the coupon code "MLAMBR10" when ordering. Older titles (2014 and earlier) can be ordered through ALA Neal-Schuman. Please use the coupon code "MLA" when ordering.
Bibkits and Dockits cover more specific health sciences information subjects. Titles can be purchased in e-book or print formats from the MLA store:
- The Patient Safety Perspective: Health Information and Resources Online and In Print, PDF Version
- The Patient Safety Perspective: Health Information and Resources Online and In Print, Print Version
- Position Descriptions in Health Sciences Libraries: Traditional and Emerging Roles, PDF Version
- Position Descriptions in Health Sciences Libraries: Traditional and Emerging Roles, Print Version
Over 25 older titles are available free to MLA members as e-books.
To suggest a topic for a future title, please contact Martha Lara.
Watch for books on the following topics coming soon:
- systematic review
- grey literature
- consumer health
Publish a Book with MLA
MLA is always looking for new book ideas that are of interest to a significant segment of the library community. If you're interested in submitting a proposal as an author or editor, get started by visiting "Publish a Book with MLA." Proposals are reviewed by the MLA Books Panel, an MLA committee.
The Books Panel is currently seeking proposals for the following topics:
- Library Liaisons
- Librarians in Informatics
- Libraries and Sustainability