Bylaws and Special Rules of Order Proposed Amendments
The MLA Board of Directors has approved for presentation to the membership two motions prepared by the Bylaws Committee that propose amendments to the MLA Bylaws and Special Rules of Order. The amendments will help ensure that MLA governance is more effective to serve the rapidly changing needs of our members and customers.
In preparing these proposed changes, the Bylaws Committee sought feedback from the Membership Committee and Chapter and Section Council leadership. Now, we seek your feedback and discussion.
Please read the following documents to learn more about these changes and why they are important to all of us. Then subscribe and participate in the discussions taking place on the MLA Bylaws Forum and Full Speed Ahead blog.
- Audio of May 17, 2016 Bylaws Discussion and Vote (MLA Business Meeting)
- Agenda and Motions for May 17, 2016 MLA Business Meeting in Toronto
- Announcement of Proposed Changes to the MLA Bylaws and Special Rules of Order (February MLA News article)
- Proposed Amendments to the Bylaws, including Executive Summary
- Current MLA Bylaws
- Proposed Amendments to the Special Rules of Order
- Current Special Rules of Order
- Full Speed Ahead Blog
- Let Bylaws Be Bylaws (addresses why the need for bylaws changes)
- 2016 Bylaws Amendments: The Nitty-Gritty (how we got here and what's ahead)
- MLA Bylaws Forum
- MLA Strategic Plan