MLA publishes books on topics of vital interest to medical librarians and other information professionals. Books are published in cooperation with Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group and ALA Neal-Schuman, and are available in a variety of electronic formats as well as print.
Purchase Current Books
Members are entitled to a 10% member discount on MLA books.
Our latest books can be ordered through Rowman and Littlefield. Please use the coupon code "MLAMEM14" when ordering. Older titles (2014 and earlier) can be ordered through ALA Neal-Schuman. Please use the coupon code "MLA" when ordering.
Bibkits and Dockits cover more specific health sciences information subjects. Current titles can be purchased in e-book or print formats from the MLA store:
- The Patient Safety Perspective: Health Information and Resources Online and In Print, PDF Version
- The Patient Safety Perspective: Health Information and Resources Online and In Print, Print Version
- Position Descriptions in Health Sciences Libraries: Traditional and Emerging Roles, PDF Version
- Position Descriptions in Health Sciences Libraries: Traditional and Emerging Roles, Print Version
Over 25 older titles are available free to MLA members as e-books.
To suggest a topic for a future title, please contact Martha Lara.
Watch for books on the following topics coming soon:
- expert searching in a Google world
- translational science in action
- The Effective Librarian
- interprofessional education and medical libraries
- digital rights management
- data management
- new methods of teaching and learning
Publish a Book with MLA
MLA is always looking for new book ideas that are of interest to a significant segment of the library community. If you're interested in submitting a proposal as an author or editor, get started by visiting "Publish a Book with MLA." Proposals are reviewed by the MLA Books Panel, an MLA committee.
The Books Panel is currently seeking proposals for the following topics:
- No calls currently open—check back soon!