Member donations have a direct impact on quality information, which is essential for improved health. The Medical Library Association (MLA) recognizes and supports its members and their valuable contributions to the profession through a variety of awards, grants and fellowships. Each year MLA awards over $70,000 to foster excellence in professional practice and leadership in the health sciences library and information field. Many awards are funded through financial revenues generated from MLA restricted funds (endowments). Others awards are supported by annual member donations.
You can make a lasting impact on MLA initiatives by supporting one of the following funds:
- Consumer Health Librarian of the Year Award will be awarded to a member who exemplifies the best in consumer librarianship, once the award is fully endowed.
- MLA Disaster Relief Fund supports medical libraries throughtout the world as they re-build after natural and man-made disasters.
- MLA Scholarship Fund equally supports both the MLA Scholarship and the MLA Scholarship for Minority Students
- Shaping Our Future Endowment Fund supports initiatives identified in the Association's annual business plan.
Thank you for continuing to support the endowed funds below:
- Lois Ann Colaianni Award for Excellence and Achievement in Hospital Librarianship
- Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship
- Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Medical Librarian of the Year
- Carla J. Funk Governmental Relations Award
- Eugene Garfield Reserach Fellowship
- Hospital Libraries Section/MLA Professional Development Grants
- Janet Doe Lectureship
- John P. McGovern Award Lectureship
- Joseph Leiter NLM/MLA Lectureship
- David A. Kronick Traveling Fellowship
- Donald A. B. Lindberg Research Fellowship
- Louise Darling Medal for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development in the Health Sciences
- Majors/MLA Chapter Project of the Year
- Lucretia W. McClure Excellence in Education Award
- Naomi Broering Hispanic Heritage Grant
- T. Mark Hodges International Service Award
- Librarians without Borders® Ursula Poland International Scholarship
- Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant
Would you like to create a enduring memorial to commemorate your professional accomplishments and ensure the continual advancement of the profession? Perhaps you would like to support MLA's education and research initiatives to develop new leaders for success in medical librarianship and the health sciences information profession? Planned giving offers a way to provide future support for the profession, while taking care of your financial needs today. Planned gifts can take many forms, including bequests, life insurance, real estate, retirement accounts, and charitable trusts. Each planned giving program is unique based on your needs. To learn about the benefits and opportunities of planned giving, talk with your financial advisor and MLA's financial director, Ray Naegele at 312/419-9094, ext. 17.
The Medical Library Association, Inc. is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions from US donors are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. No goods or services are provided in exchange for donations.