InSight Initiative - Summit 2
The September 27–28, 2018, summit brings together MLA leaders and select participating organizations to engage in high-level, high-value dialogue on issues of common interest that impact the health information profession. For more information about this initiative, including objectives, outcomes, guidelines, and task force members, please consult the Insight Initiative home page.
Applications are now open through July 31, 2018
Detailed Summit 2 information
- Program: to be announced
- Speakers and Panelists: to be announced
- Participants (librarians and partner organizations): to be announced
Theme: Meeting the evolving needs of library stakeholders
The InSight Summit 2 Program Committee is currently developing the subtopics of the program.
From noon, September 27, 2018, to 3:00 p.m., September 28, 2018.
Morton’s Steakhouse and Meetings Facilities
65 E. Wacker Place*
Chicago, IL 60610
*downtown Chicago, half a block from Michigan Avenue
MLA has is arranging a summit hotel for the night of September 27, 2018
MLA plans for balanced representation of librarian leaders and participating organizations. The committee estimates the second summit will convene fifteen to twenty librarians and fifteen to twenty participating organization representatives.
Consider applying as a librarian participant by July 31, 2018, if:
- You have professional knowledge, expertise, and interest in the summit theme;
- You will commit to:
- attendance at the September 27–28, 2018, summit in Chicago (from noon, September 27, to 3:00 p.m., September 28);
- between three and five hours of preparatory work (pre-summit);
- active participation and contribution to the work of the summit; and
- up to ten hours of follow-up work (post-summit activities and products).
The InSight Initiative Task Force will select the participants by August 20, 2018 (MLA membership preferred but not required).
List of participating organization:
- Annual Reviews
- American Psychiatric Association Publishing
- BMJ Publishing
- The JAMA Network
- McGraw Hill Education
- NEJM Group
- Rockefeller University Press (new for Summit 2)
- Springer Nature
- Wolters Kluwer
Companies interested in participating should contact Dan Doody, who is responsible for participating organization recruitment for the MLA InSight Initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org; 312.239.6226.
Cost and travel support for librarian participants
There is no registration fee for librarian participants. MLA will support the travel expenses of librarian participants (summit hotel and transportation) up to $800. This is made possible through the generous support of our Inaugural Sponsors for summits 1 and 2:
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) with a $15,000 grant to support librarian participant travel expenses
- Elsevier with a $12,000 grant to support the zero-registration fee for librarian participants