Advance your career with networking and education at the largest gathering of health sciences librarians in the world, Mosaic ’16. Here's what a few past attendees have said about the MLA annual meeting:
- “Indispensable for librarians with a strong role or interest in any health sciences.”
- “As a master’s student, I appreciated the learning experiences and support I received at MLA '15 in Austin, TX. I learned so much and made wonderful connections with people.”
- “I find attendance to be a much needed professional development power boost and national peer networking opportunity. Absolutely love seeing my long distance professional colleagues in person each year."
- “As a first timer, I didn’t know what to expect and I am not the world’s most outgoing person. The people I met were warm, friendly, and engaging.”
- “I have been to other library association meetings--none of them come close to the level of networking and education provided at MLA.”
- “Attending gives you the knowledge, inspiration, and enthusiasm to follow your heart and be a library superstar."
Some of the most valuable Mosaic '16 career opportunities require advance registration.
- Colleague Connection: New members and first time meeting attendees can meet up with an experienced member through colleague connection to learn the ropes more quickly. Sign up as a mentee or mentor by Friday, April 29.
- Job Placement Center: The Job Placement Center helps those seeking a career move or looking to fill an opening. Employers, contact Tomi Gunn for information by April 25. Job seekers, during the meeting visit Room 104A in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- Resume Clinic: Sign up to have your cover letter, resume, or CV reviewed by an experienced health sciences librarian. To support the joint meeting with the Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada, resume clinic services will be offered in both English and French.
- Mock interviews: Sign up for a mock interview on Saturday, May 14.
- The resume clinic is also seeking experienced professionals interested in reviewing resumes or conducting mock interviews.
If you haven’t registered yet for Mosaic ’16, sign up today and be part of the big picture! Mosaic ’16 is happening in Toronto, Canada, May 13–18, 2016.