On Thursday May 5, 2016 #medlibs took to Twitter to discuss Making the Most of Mosaic '16.
If you weren’t able to participate in the discussion, or if you wanted to review all the details from the discussion, the transcript is now available at: http://bit.ly/1rvGYmQ
There are great tips from members who have attended many MLA and CHLA/ABSC meetings, as well as many tips for MedLibs travelling to Canada. Be sure to check it out!
As someone who has never been available to participate in one of these Thursday night chats, it was also informative to see how the conversation works!
Some highlights from the conversation include:
- Plan Your Schedule: Make sure you start planning your schedule NOW – don’t leave it to the last minute! Use the online scheduler and mobile app: http://www.mlanet.org/blog/online-schedule-and-mobile-app
- Talk to people you don’t know! Some of the best networking opportunities happen during informal moments such as breaks and elevator conversations
- Breaks: It’s a long and full conference, be sure to schedule yourself breaks!
- Money: Check with your bank about using your credit card or debit card in Canada. If you don’t have a chip/PIN, you may have trouble.
- Cell Phones: Check with your cell phone provider about your coverage in Canada and whether you can buy an international data package.
- MLA Business Meeting: this year the MLA Business Meeting is particularly important because we will be voting on Bylaw changes.