MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1992/93
- National Program Committee, Associate Chair, 1989
- Board of Directors, Member, 1985–1988
- Research Committee, Chair
- Ad Hoc Handbook Consultant’s Panel, Member, 1976–1982
- MLA CE Course 122: "Planning Hospital Library Facilities," Course Developer and Instructor, 1975–1982
- Philadelphia Regional Chapter, Chair, 1963
Honors and Awards
- Lois Ann Colaianni Award for Excellence in Hospital Librarianship, 1999
- Fellow, 1996
- Massachusetts Health Sciences Library Network Hall of Fame Award, 1999
- National Library of Medicine, Bethesda 11, 1979
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central <http://pubmedcentral.gov/>
- Schneider E, Mankin CJ, Bastille JD. Practical library research: a tool for effective library management. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995 Jan;83(1):22–6. [cited 17 Mar 2011].
- Bastille JD. Salaries and professional authority: new jurisdictions [president's page]. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1993 Jan;81(1):80–1. [cited 17 Mar 2011].
- Bastille JD. Planning library facilities. In: Bradley J, ed. Hospital library management. Chicago, IL: Medical Library Association; 1983.
- Bastille JD, Mankin CJ. A simple objective method for determining a dynamic journal collection. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1980 Oct;68(4):357–66. [cited 17 Mar 2011].
- Bastille JD, Mankin CJ. Report on subsequent demand for journal titles dropped in 1975. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1978 Jul;66(3):346–9. [cited 17 Mar 2011].
- Director, Treadwell Library, Massachusetts General Hospital–Boston, 1973–1999
- Librarian, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT, 1970–1973
- Head, Library of the Research and Development Division, Smith Klein, and French Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA, 1960–1970
- Roving Librarian, Free Library of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 1957–1960
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings, 96th Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc., Kansas City, Missouri, June 1–5, 1996. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1997 Jan;86(1):96–7. [cited 14 Sep 2008].
- Colby CC. Jacqueline D. Bastille Medical Library Association president 1992–1993. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1992 Jul;80(3):308–9. [cited 17 Mar 2011].
- Medical Library Association. Interviewer: Diane McKenzie. Editor: Joan Zenan. Oral History Committee interview with Jacqueline Bastille. Chicago, IL: The Association; 2006. In press 2011.