MLA Research Training Institute (RTI)
The MLA Research Training Institute for Health Sciences Librarians (RTI) was developed to provide practicing health sciences librarians with an opportunity to immerse themselves in instruction and focused activities related to scholarly research, inquiry, and publishing.
The institute program offers a combination of:
- hands-on instruction in research design by faculty experts
- a full year of post-institute mentoring and support for participants to complete research projects of their own design
- membership in an ongoing research community of practice
- a unique capstone research presentation at an MLA annual meeting
- scholarship support
The institute helps ensure that an increasing number of librarians who provide health information services nationwide have key research competencies to become more effective health information providers to health care professionals, patients, and consumers.
The institute serves as a cornerstone in helping health sciences librarians change from informed consumers of researchers to producers of quality research.
See previous 2019 and 2018 RTI Fellows and their scholarly contributions. For questions regarding the institute, please contact Susan Lessick, AHIP, FMLA, Research Training Institute project director.
MLA deeply appreciates and thanks the following sections and chapters for their thoughtful and gracious support of the 2019 Research Training Institute:
Advocate Donation Level: $2,300–$10,000
- Collection Development Section
- Leadership and Management Section
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter
- Research Section
- Veterinary Medical Libraries Section
Contributor Donation Level: $1,000–$2,299
- Hospital Libraries Section
- Medical Informatics Section
- Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona
- New York-New Jersey Chapter
- South Central Chapter
- Southern Chapter
Friend Donation Level: $200–$999
- Cancer Librarians Section
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section
- Educational Media and Technologies Section
- Midcontinental Chapter
- Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section
- Public Health/Health Administration Section
- Technical Services Section