Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant
The Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant recognizes Ysabel Bertolucci’s exemplary career as a members of the Medical Library Association (MLA) and her many contributions to its sections, chapters, and board. Endowed in 2014, the Bertolucci Grant recognizes a health sciences librarian who is involved in nursing, allied health, consumer health or international librarianship. The recipient receives a certificate at the Association’s annual meeting and a grant of up to $1,000 to be used for travel and expenses for attending the MLA annual meeting.
- The applicant must be a member of MLA.
- Preferred that the applicant's primary focus of work is in one, or more, of the following areas:
- Consumer and Patient Health Information
- Global Health
- Nursing and Allied Health
- The applicant must be currently employed as a health information professional.
- Preferred that the applicant has between two and five years of experience as a health sciences professional at the time of the annual meeting.
- The applicant must complete an application including a 200-word statement answering the question listed below.
Priority consideration criteria:
- The applicant is a first-time attendee at the MLA annual meeting.
- The applicant is presenting (or has submitted) a paper, poster, or lightning talk for MLA’s annual meeting.
- The grant recipient will be reimbursed up to $1,000 for actual travel and meeting-related expenses.
- Expense statements with all receipts must be submitted to MLA after the annual meeting.
- If no candidate is determined eligible, no grant will be given.
- Letters of reference are NOT requested or desired.
- Completed online application
- A 200-word statement answering the following questions:
- What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?
- Updated MLA member profile
Ready to Submit an Application?
- One common application is now used for all annual meeting travel grants.
- See the MLA '20 Financial Support page for the application link.
- 2019: Melanie Allen, AHIP
- 2018: Alexandria Quesenberry
- 2017: Robin O'Hanlon
- 2016: Jennifer Leigh Kaari
- 2015: Karin Saric
Have a question? Contact MLA's grants manager.