Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Conference Grant
The Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Conference Grant recognizes Ysabel Bertolucci’s exemplary career as a members of the Medical Library Association (MLA) and her many contributions to its sections, chapters, and board. Endowed in 2014, the Bertolucci Grant recognizes a health sciences librarian who is involved in nursing, allied health, consumer health or international librarianship.
- The applicant must be a member of MLA. (see membership options)
- 2023 membership dues must be paid in order to accept this conference grant (no exceptions).
- Preferred that the applicant's primary focus of work is in one, or more, of the following areas:
- Consumer and Patient Health Information
- Global Health
- Nursing and Allied Health
- The applicant must be currently employed as a health information professional.
- Preferred that the applicant has between two and five years of experience as a health sciences professional at the time of the annual conference.
- The applicant must complete an application including a 200-word statement answering the question listed below.
Priority consideration criteria:
- The applicant is a first-time attendee at the MLA annual conference (in-person).
- The applicant is presenting (or has submitted) a paper, poster, or lightning talk for MLA’s annual conference.
- The grant recipient will be reimbursed up to $1,000 for actual travel and conference-related expenses.
- Expense statements with all receipts must be submitted to MLA after the annual conference.
- If no candidate is determined eligible, no grant will be given.
- Letters of reference are NOT requested or desired.
- The travel grant must be used in the year it is awarded and cannot be carried over to another year.
NOTE: In the case of a virtual-only conference, terms may be altered.
- Completed online application
- A 200-word statement answering the following questions:
- What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual conference?
- Updated MLA member profile
Ready to Submit an Application?
- Choose the 2023 application form.
- Once saved, the application form remains open for changes or to upload supporting documents until January 31, 2023, 11:59 p.m. (CST).
- Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
- 2022: Michelle R. Lieggi, AHIP
- 2021: no travel due to COVID pandemic
- 2020: Names not released*
- 2019: Melanie Allen, AHIP
- 2018: Alexandria Quesenberry
- 2017: Robin O'Hanlon
- 2016: Jennifer Leigh Kaari
- 2015: Karin Saric
* 2020 conference grants were re-formatted due the COVID pandemic and the shift to a virtual-only conference. Given the hardship nature of the reformatted grants, recipient names are not shared.
Have a question? Contact MLA