MLA | SLA '23 Latest News
MLA | SLA '23 Call for Submissions
Submissions for Round 2 abstracts are now open! The deadline to submit is January 26, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
There will be two abstract submission rounds for MLA | SLA '23. The two rounds give authors the opportunity to receive feedback from reviewers and consider revising and resubmitting their proposals for the second round as posters or lightning talks.
- Round 1
- Program description and research abstracts, contributed papers, immersion sessions, and education sessions – closed October 31, 2022
- Round 2
- Posters and lightning talks - now open through January 26, 2023
Posters and Lightning Talks are great ways to share information about research or programs. See Contributed Content Metrics for past acceptance rates for MLA submission types.
Both MLA and SLA communities and individual members are encouraged to submit abstracts for Round 2 in these categories:
- Lightning Talk sessions will be held during live virtual sessions ONLY, and not at the in-person meeting.
- Poster sessions will be held in person or on-demand virtually.
Download the Checklist to make your abstract shine for MLA|SLA '23!
New in 2023
- MLA|SLA ‘23 will offer a limited number of immersion and paper sessions virtually with the majority to be held at the in-person conference in Detroit, MI. Authors will be asked to provide their preference for presenting (Live Virtual Session or In-Person Session) for papers and immersion sessions at time of submission. If selected, they will be able to provide their final preferences in January 2023.
- Authors will also be asked to categorize their submissions into one of the seven MLA Areas of Practice: Clinical Support, Education, Health Equity & Global Health, Information Management, Information Services, Innovation & Research Practice, and Professionalism & Leadership. The 2023 National Program Committee will then use these categories to organize and schedule meeting content.
- Acceptance notices for papers and immersion sessions will be sent December 6. Abstracts that are not accepted in Round 1 can be resubmitted for poster and lightning talks in Round 2. Acceptance notices for posters and lightning talks will be sent February 28, 2023.
- The two rounds for abstract submissions allow reviewers to provide feedback to authors and give those whose submissions were not accepted in the first round the opportunity to review feedback and resubmit their proposals as posters or lightning talks.
- Posters and lightning talks can select from Research, Program Description or SLA abtract types.
- Presenter In-Person Registration Discount!
MLA and SLA member presenters who will be attending MLA | SLA ’23 in person in Detroit may be eligible for a $75 in-person registration discount. Discounts are available as follows:
• Up to 2 presenters per in-person presentation/paper/poster
• Up to 4 presenters per in-person Immersion or Education Session
• Presenter discount is not available in combination with existing registration discounts such as an institutional bulk registration or student registration.
Find additional information in the MLA | SLA ’23 FAQ: Papers, Posters, Lightning Talks, and Immersion Sessions.