African American Medical Librarians Alliance Caucus
Members: 169 Discussions: 1211 Files: 2
The African American Medical Librarians Alliance Caucus (AAMLA) is committed to providing leadership and support on issues such as recruiting and retaining diverse librarians, developing mentoring and leadership for minority librarians, and creating a repository of information on the expert skills and special abilities of minority librarians in MLA, particularly those of African American descent.
AAMLA stands committed to bringing the challenges and issues of minority librarians and information professionals to the forefront. Our role is to help all medical librarians and information professionals understand and appreciate the dynamics of cultural diversity, as well as to recognized and address the needs for cultural competence in the healthcare environments.
- Minority Hospital Librarians Directory
- American Library Association
- North Carolina Library Association
- Public Library Association
- Special Libraries Association
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions
- National Library of Medicine
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- National Institutes of Health
- Office of Minority Health Resource Center
- National Center for Health Statistics