Incoming officers and leaders should familiarize themselves with MLA's structure, organization, and program areas. This includes:
Note: Jury chairs report to either the Awards Committee or the Grants and Scholarship Committee.
MLA Business Meeting
- All members are invited to the official association business meeting held online.
- May 2020: see MLA vConversations
Each year the MLA President-Elect hosts an online orientation session for all incoming leaders. Members may contact MLA staff anytime throughout the year with questions.
- Leaders Orientation - April 2020
- Hosted by President-Elect Lisa Traditi, AHIP
- See the file library for recorded presentation and slides.
- Domain Hubs:- Chair on-boarding
- Contact Tomi Gunn for details.
Tools for Successful Leaders
- Leading Decision-Making Meetings: MLA CE Credits 1.5
- Managing Conflicts in Meetings: MLA CE Credits 1.5
General MLA Information
MLA leaders are required to submit activity reports twice a year.