Incoming officers and leaders should familiarize themselves with MLA's structure, organization, and program areas. This includes:
Note: Jury chairs report to either the Awards Committee or the Grants and Scholarship Committee.
MLA Business Meeting
- All members are invited to the official association business meeting held online.
- May 19, 2021: see MLA vConversations for meeting link
Each year the MLA President-Elect hosts an online orientation session for all incoming leaders. Members may contact MLA staff anytime throughout the year with questions.
- Leaders Orientation
- April 7, 2021, 1pm (central)
- Hosted by President-Elect Kris M. Alpi, AHIP
- See MLA vConversations for meeting link.
- April 2020
- Hosted by President-Elect Lisa Traditi, AHIP
- See the file library for recorded presentation and slides.
- Domain Hubs:- Chair on-boarding
- Contact Tomi Gunn for details.
Tools for Successful Leaders
- Leading Decision-Making Meetings: MLA CE Credits 1.5
- Managing Conflicts in Meetings: MLA CE Credits 1.5
General MLA Information
MLA leaders are required to submit activity reports twice a year.