Hear authors share stories
and learn the process!
Access the October 2020
Open Forum for Authors.
MLA publishes books on topics of vital interest to medical librarians and other information professionals. Books are published in cooperation with Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group and ALA Neal-Schuman and are available in a variety of electronic formats as well as print.
The MLA Books Panel is seeking an editor for the following book topics:
- Determining Information Credibility and Trustworthiness
- Evidence Synthesis: Beyond Systematic Review
- Grant Writing
- Health Science Librarianship Ethics
- Teaching Evidence-Based Practice
We strongly encourage authors to suggest a topic at any time by reaching out to the Books Panel.
Purchase Current Books
Members are entitled to a 10% member discount on MLA books. Please use the coupon code "MLAMBR10" when ordering.
Our latest books can be ordered through Rowman & Littlefield. Older titles (2014 and earlier) can be ordered through ALA Neal-Schuman. Please use the coupon code "MLA" when ordering.
To suggest a topic for a future title, please contact Stuart Hales.
Bibkits and Dockits cover more specific health sciences information subjects. Titles can be purchased in e-book or print formats from the MLA store:
- The Patient Safety Perspective: Health Information and Resources Online and In Print, PDF Version
- The Patient Safety Perspective: Health Information and Resources Online and In Print, Print Version
- Position Descriptions in Health Sciences Libraries: Traditional and Emerging Roles, PDF Version
- Position Descriptions in Health Sciences Libraries: Traditional and Emerging Roles, Print Version
Over 25 older titles are available free to MLA members as e-books.
Watch for the following book coming soon:
- History of Medical Libraries (Kronenfeld)
Publish a Book with MLA
MLA is always looking for new book ideas that are of interest to a significant segment of the library community. If you're interested in submitting a proposal as an author or editor, get started by visiting "Publish a Book with MLA." Proposals are reviewed by the MLA Books Panel, an MLA committee.