Why donate? To encourage excellence, diversity, and inclusion of MLA members by offering more awards for members to attend the annual conference, participate in continuing education and professional development, support AHIP, and to develop other important projects. Increasing the awards and grants endowments means increasing the level of support MLA can provide to its members every year.
How to donate. You have 2 options for making a donation.
- Making an online donation:
- Below you will see a list of funds
- Click on the hyperlink of the fund(s) you wish to make a donation to.
- You will be directed to a page where you will click “add to cart”
- Complete the online form and click “add to cart/view cart”
- Review your information and click the “checkout” link when ready
- Complete the billing address information
- Pay with the link in the upper left-hand corner of the pdf invoice or mail your check and invoice to
- Medical Library Association, Inc.; Dept. 4627, Carol Stream, IL 60122-4627; https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=493
- Mailing your check – if you do not wish to complete the online form, you can mail your check to Medical Library Association, Inc.; Dept. 4627, Carol Stream, IL 60122-4627; https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=493 and indicate in the memo line the fund(s) you are donating to.
- If a third party fund (e.g., TIAA/CREFF; Fidelity; Wells Fargo) will be making this donation on your behalf, please contact Mary Langman with your name, the fund(s) you are donating to, and the name of the third party fund so we can apply it to the correct fund when it arrives. The MLA Scholarship Fund is a collection of funds generously donated by bequests, planned giving gifts, and individual contributions to support the financial assistance for qualified candidates.
Thank you for continuing to support the additional funds below:
- MLA Disaster Relief Fund supports medical libraries throughout the world as they re-build after natural and man-made disasters.
- Shaping Our Future Endowment Fund supports initiatives identified in the Association's annual business plan.
- Lois Ann Colaianni Award for Excellence and Achievement in Hospital Librarianship
- Consumer Health Librarian of the Year Award
- Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship
- Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Health Librarian Librarian of the Year
- Carla J. Funk Governmental Relations Award
- Eugene Garfield Research Fellowship
- Hospital Libraries Professional Development Grants
- Janet Doe Lectureship
- John P. McGovern Award Lectureship
- Joseph Leiter NLM/MLA Lectureship
- David A. Kronick and Charles W. Sargent Visiting Fellowship
- Donald A. B. Lindberg Research Fellowship
- Louise Darling Medal for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development in the Health Sciences
- MLA Chapter Project of the Year
- Lucretia W. McClure Excellence in Education Award
- Naomi Broering Latinx Heritage Grant
- T. Mark Hodges International Service Award
- Librarians without Borders® Ursula Poland International Scholarship
- Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Conference Grant
- MLA Research Training Institute Scholarship Fund
Would you like to create a enduring memorial to commemorate your professional accomplishments and ensure the continual advancement of the profession? Perhaps you would like to support MLA's education and research initiatives to develop new leaders for success in medical librarianship and the health sciences information profession? Planned giving offers a way to provide future support for the profession, while taking care of your financial needs today.
Planned gifts can take many forms, including bequests, life insurance, real estate, retirement accounts, and charitable trusts. Each planned giving program is unique based on your needs. To learn about the benefits and opportunities of planned giving, talk with your financial advisor and with Mary Langman at MLA.
The Medical Library Association, Inc. is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions from US donors are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. No goods or services are provided in exchange for donations.