MLA’s Endowment Task Force has recommended an ambitious five-year goal to more than triple our Scholarship Fund endowment from its current level of $300,000 to $1,000,000 by 2023, when MLA will celebrate our 125th anniversary. Why? To encourage excellence, diversity and inclusion of MLA members by offering more awards for members to attend the annual meeting, participate in continuing education and professional development, support AHIP, and to develop other important projects. Increasing the endowment means increasing the level of support MLA can provide to its members from $15,000 in 2017 to more than $40,000 per year.
The MLA Scholarship Fund is a collection of funds generously donated by bequests, planned giving gifts, and individual contributions to support the financial assistance for qualified candidates.
Thank you for continuing to support the additional funds below:
- MLA Disaster Relief Fund supports medical libraries throughout the world as they re-build after natural and man-made disasters.
- Shaping Our Future Endowment Fund supports initiatives identified in the Association's annual business plan.
- Lois Ann Colaianni Award for Excellence and Achievement in Hospital Librarianship
- Consumer Health Librarian of the Year Award
- Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship
- Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Medical Librarian of the Year
- Carla J. Funk Governmental Relations Award
- Eugene Garfield Reserach Fellowship
- Hospital Libraries Section/MLA Professional Development Grants
- Janet Doe Lectureship
- John P. McGovern Award Lectureship
- Joseph Leiter NLM/MLA Lectureship
- David A. Kronick Traveling Fellowship
- Donald A. B. Lindberg Research Fellowship
- Louise Darling Medal for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development in the Health Sciences
- Majors/MLA Chapter Project of the Year
- Lucretia W. McClure Excellence in Education Award
- Naomi Broering Hispanic Heritage Grant
- T. Mark Hodges International Service Award
- Librarians without Borders® Ursula Poland International Scholarship
- Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant
Would you like to create a enduring memorial to commemorate your professional accomplishments and ensure the continual advancement of the profession? Perhaps you would like to support MLA's education and research initiatives to develop new leaders for success in medical librarianship and the health sciences information profession? Planned giving offers a way to provide future support for the profession, while taking care of your financial needs today. Planned gifts can take many forms, including bequests, life insurance, real estate, retirement accounts, and charitable trusts. Each planned giving program is unique based on your needs. To learn about the benefits and opportunities of planned giving, talk with your financial advisor and with Mary Langman at MLA.
The Medical Library Association, Inc. is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions from US donors are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. No goods or services are provided in exchange for donations.