Financial Assistance for MLA Members
to Attend MLA | SLA ‘23
MLA makes financial assistance available to allow members attend its annual conference. Be sure to check with local chapters for additional funding opportunities.
In-Person Conference Travel Grants
The grant recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,000 for actual travel and conference-related expenses.
- New 2023 grant sponsored by Elsevier ClinicalKey:
MLA | SLA '23 Annual Conference Travel Grant - Applications closed March 1, 2023.
- Funded through MLA grant endowments:
- Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Conference Grant - Applications closed January 31, 2023.
- EBSCO/MLA Annual Conference Grant - Applications closed January 31, 2023.
No-Charge Virtual Conference Registration Grants
Virtual conference no-charge registration is funded through the MLA annual budget and designed to assist members with a true financial need.
- current 2023 member of MLA
- Not a member yet? see membership options
- health information professional
- fulfill one of the following criteria based on employment status:
- if furloughed: no funding is available from the employer
- if employed: no funding is available from the employer
- unable to financially self-fund registration
The applicant must provide the following information:
- presenting at annual meeting
- name of current or former employer and contact information
- justification or additional information regarding employment status and funding availability
- previous MLA annual conference assistance
Priority consideration will be given to members who:
- are presenting at MLA '23
- have not previously received MLA conference assistance
- MLA profile information must be current.
- First come-first serve: applications are reviewed by a jury in the order they were received.
- Decisions are at the discretion of the jury.
- MLA’s objective is to provide a reply within 3 weeks of the application.
- If awarded the applicant must have paid 2023 membership dues and accept the offer within 14 days of notification.
- Recipients will receive a unique enrollment code (in April) to complete the registration process for a free virtual registration. Refunds will not be given to awardees who are already registered as part of an institutional registration or individual registration.
- Free registration is non-transferable and cannot be applied to in-person registration.
- Free registration is not subject to tax (i.e., no W9/1099 filing).
Please note that funding for the no-charge registrations is limited and designed to support those members with genuine significant hardship. If you can afford to self-fund your registration, please consider letting others apply.
- Choose the 2023 application.
Have a question? Contact MLA