Essential Partners in Healthcare Excellence
MLA has developed resources for hospital and health care administrators highlighting the mission-critical roles that health sciences information professionals provide in healthcare settings.
MLA Statement Calling on Hospital and Health System Executives to Fund Libraries and Library Staff
Excerpt from the statement:
"Hospital and health system executives must take concrete action to support clinical and administrative staff, patients and their families, and communities by funding hospital library services led by a professional librarian. Working together, hospitals, health care systems, and librarians are positioned to provide the resources, access, and support your health care teams can depend upon to provide evidence-based practice services that will support healthy patient outcomes."
Co-Signing Organizations (as of 5/13/22):
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL)
- Canadian Health Libraries Association/ Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada (CHLA/ABSC)
- Cleveland Clinic
- Colorado Council of Medical Librarians
- Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- NEJM Group
- National Jewish Health
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association
- Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- Special Libraries Association (SLA)
If your organization is interested in co-signing this statement, please join us as an Essential Partner in Healthcare Excellence or contact Mary M. Langman, MLA Director of Information Issues and Policy.
Librarians: What you can do
- Reach out to organizations you belong to that would be interested in using or supporting this critical document.
- Use the cover letter form to contact the leadership of the organizations you think may provide support by endorsing the statement.
- Or, if you are already in contact with leadership of a hospital or national institution, please ask them to complete this form asking them to endorse the statement and be recognized as an Essential Partner in Healthcare Excellence.
- Add the statement title (and a link to this page) with your email signature. For example: