COVID-19 Breaking News & Developments
Last updated: August 27, 2021
Edited by Ellen M. Aaronson, AHIP, and Angela Spencer, AHIP
This curated page has been redesigned to include breaking news and developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be updated as new information becomes available. This list has been created from crowdsourced suggestions from MLA members and other health information professionals on the front lines of providing information.
The main resource list is still accessible via the above tab, but will no longer be updated.
All links below open in a new tab or window. You may also submit a new resource for consideration.
- NIH launches study of extra COVID-19 vaccine dose in people with autoimmune disease 8.27.21
- FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine 8.23.21
- NIH scientists develop faster COVID-19 test 8.16.21
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised People 8.17.21
- NIH study shows no significant benefit of convalescent plasma for COVID-19 outpatients with early symptoms 8.19.21