MLA ’20: Call for Submissions
The 2020 National Program Committee invites abstract submissions that support the annual meeting theme of “2020 Vision: The Future in Focus.” The call has been divided into two calls for submission:
- Call for papers and immersion sessions (formerly, special content sessions): Now closed.
- Call for posters and lightning talks: Now open Deadline is January 24, 2020, 6:00 p.m., central time
Accept and decline letters will be sent in early December for immersion sessions and papers, and January/early February for lightning talks and posters.
How to Submit
- Submit your paper structured abstract with a description of a research project or program using the guidelines on MLANET.
- Groups (sections, chapters, special interest groups, and others) can submit proposals for substantial, focused content sessions (for example, invited speakers or panel presentations) in the first call. Previously known as special content sessions, these are now called immersion sessions.
- The MLA Research Section awards individuals with the best research-based papers and posters. Details about research awards for MLA ’20 will be provided once MLA’s new community structure is in place.
FAQs and More Information
- To review criteria for all abstract types, please see the MLA ’20 FAQ: Papers, Posters, Lightning Talks, and Immersion Sessions
- Previous MLA Research Award winners: 2017–present | 2011–2015 | 2006–2010 | 2001–2005 | 1996–2000
Questions: Contact the Contributed Content Planning Group
Contributed Content Planning Group
- Papers: Nandita S. Mani, Melissa L. Rethlefsen, AHIP, Gabriel R. Rios, Harold S. Bright IV, AHIP, and Linné Girouard, AHIP
- Posters: Karen Gutzman, Darlene Parker-Kelly, Julie Silverman, and Andrea C. Kepsel, AHIP
- Lightning talks: Christina Pope, AHIP, and Andrea Denton
- Immersion sessions: National Program Committee Contributed Content Working Group
- August 14: Online submission site for papers and immersion sessions (formerly, special content sessions) opens
- October 23, 6:00 p.m., central time: Deadline for paper and immersion session submissions
- December: MLA sends notifications of acceptance for paper and immersion session submissions
- December 13: Submit abstracts for posters and lightning talks
- Mid-January: MLA opens online meeting registration
- January 24, 6:00 p.m., central time: Deadline for poster and lightning talk submissions
- May 15–19: MLA ’20 “2020 Vision” in Portland, OR