You are here
Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant
The Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant recognizes Ysabel Bertolucci’s exemplary career as a members of the Medical Library Association and her many contributions to its Sections, Chapters and Board. Endowed in 2014, the Bertolucci Grant recognizes a health sciences librarian who is involved in nursing, allied health, consumer health or international librarianship. The recipient receives a certificate at the Association’s annual meeting and a stipend of up to $1000 to be used for travel and conference-related expenses for attending the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting.
- Applicant must be an individual member of MLA and preferred that applicant is a member of NAHRS, CAPHIS or ICS.
- Applicant must be currently employed as a health sciences or medical librarian and have an interest in nursing, allied health, consumer health or international librarianship.
- Preferred that applicant have between two and five years experience as a health sciences librarian at the time of the annual meeting.
- Applicant must complete an application form including a 200-word statement answering the question, "Why are you interested in nursing/allied health/consumer health/international librarianship?” and “What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?"
- No more than one awardee from any given institution will be awarded the grant in a single year.
Priority consideration criteria (desired, not required):
- Applicant is a member of NAHRS, CAPHIS, or ICS.
- Applicant is a first time attendee at MLA.
- Applicant is presenting (or has submitted) a paper or a poster at MLA’s annual meeting.
- Applicant has MLA committee, jury, section, or special interest group (SIG) assignments.
- Winners will be reimbursed up to $1,000.00 in actual travel and conference-related expenses after the conference; expense statements and receipts must be submitted to MLA. A person may receive this award only once. Applications must be received by December 1.
- If no candidate is determined eligible, no award will be given.
- No letters of reference are requested or desired.
- The essay and information will be distributed to the Ysabel Bertolucci MLA Annual Meeting Grant Jury, which will make selections.
To apply, please return the accompanying application and include the following materials. All materials must be received at MLA by December 1; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed application;
- Applicant’s current curriculum vitae;
- A 200-word statement answering the question, "Why are you interested in nursing/allied health/consumer health/international librarianship?” and “What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?"
Ready to Submit an Application? Proceed to the application form.
Previous Grant Recipients
- 2015: Karin Saric
Have a question? Contact MLA's Grants Coordinator