You are here
EBSCO/MLA Annual Meeting Grant
EBSCO Information Services has generously donated money to the MLA Scholarship Endowment to provide stipends to enables MLA members to attend the association's annual meeting. Each year awards of up to $1,000 for travel and conference-related expenses will be given to four librarians who would otherwise be unable to attend the meeting. Applicants must be currently employed as health sciences librarians and have between two and five years experience in a health sciences library.
- Applicant must be a member of MLA.
- Applicant must be currently employed as a medical librarian.
- Applicant must have between two and five years experience as a health sciences librarian at the time of the annual meeting.
- Applicant must complete an application form including a 200-word statement answering the question, "What do you expect to gain professionally and/or personally by attending the MLA annual meeting?"
- No more than one awardee from any given institution will be awarded the grant in a single year.
Priority Consideration Criteria:
- Applicant is a first time attendee at MLA.
- Applicant is presenting (or has submitted) a paper or a poster at MLA’s annual meeting.
- Applicant has MLA committee, jury, section, or special interest group (SIG) assignments.
- Winners will be reimbursed up to $1,000.00 in actual travel and conference-related expenses after the conference; expense statements and receipts must be submitted to MLA. A person may receive this award only once. Applications must be received by December 1.
- Up to four awards may be made each year for the EBSCO/MLA Annual Meeting Grant. If no candidates are determined eligible, no award will be given.
- No letters of reference are requested or desired.
- The essay and information will be distributed to the EBSCO/MLA Annual Meeting Grant Jury, which will make selections.
Ready to Submit an Application? Proceed to the application form.
Previous Grant Recipients
- 2015: Krystal Buller, AHIP, Suhua Caroline Fan, Erin Menzies, Michelle P. Rachal
- 2014: Jennifer Deal, Vanessa Kitchin, Carolann Lee Curry, Heather Martin,AHIP and Amy Studer
- 2013: Dawn Hackman, Hannah Rutledge, AHIP, Chabha Tepe and Leah C. Osterhaus Trzasko
- 2012: Aleta Embrey, Aleshia Heckel, Alisha Miles, AHIP and Jennifer Walker, AHIP
- 2011: Trish Chatterley, Anna Katherine Crawford, Lara Handler and Ryan Rafferty
- 2010: Rienne Johnson, Elizabeth Kiscaden, Susan Warthman and Andrea Wright
- 2009: Jamie L. Furrh, Andrea Harrow, Trey Lemley and Heidi Schroeder
- 2008: Mary Lou Glazer, Laura Haines, Meredith Orlowski and Jason Young
- 2007: Agnes Chikonzo, Ladonna Guillot, Maureen Knapp and Lauren Young
- 2006: Karen Goodell, Lilian Hoffecker, Xiaoli Li and Dana Wyles
- 2005: Kelly Klinke, Molly Montgomery, Carolyn Papa and Paul Whannell
- 2004: Jon Crossno, Anne Heimann, Misa Mi and Lin Wu
- 2003: Marceline Doranksi, Elizabeth Hill, Hanna Kwasik and Karen Lippert
- 2002: Sandra De Groote, Candice Benjes-Small, Verma Walker and Norma Walters
- 2001: Mary Shultz and Everly Brown
- 2000: Anne M. Conner and Deborah Hile
- 1999: Shirley Brooke
- 1998: Jennifer G. Barlow and Andrea Batson
- 1997: Lily W. Liu and Lori Cusimano Steib
- 1996: Carol Swank and Kathryn Chmiel
- 1995: Kara Logsden and Cheryl Warren
- 1994: Kenneth Nelson and Bette Sydelko
Have a question? Contact MLA's Grants Coordinator